Chapter 3: Goodbye (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: June 30th 2015

Last Updated On: July 11th 2015

~ ~ ~

One month had passed since I accepted CEO Hong's offer, and I must say, all my goals and life plans had changed a lot. And as each day passed, my desire and dream to become a top singer slowly started to become possible.

Training had begun as soon as I signed papers the day after the offer. After school, I turned up at CUBE Entertainment and started my first vocal training courses. Sometimes, I was required to leave school early, and sometimes not even attend school just to focus more on vocal training. It was a good thing that I could catch up with my schoolwork...but that was not my major concern.

Bomi was already suspecting something off. She kept asking me each time why I was not seen in school lately and all. She also was curious as to why I always was never free in the evenings when in the past I was always willing to be with her. I knew I could not keep this pretense for long.

Sorry Bbom noona...I just could not throw away our friendship like that. I'm sure we could keep in touch though.

Tomorrow, according to my instructor, I would be meeting another trainee whom would most likely be in the same Kpop group as me. When I realised it would fall on the same day as the spring carnival, I knew Bomi would get upset. After all, we promised to go together.

I decided that I would tell her sometime within the next few days the real reason. I could not hide away anymore. Heck she was my best friend...how could I lose her? Jakkanman...that was what couples would say...aish...

Still, at morning break today, nothing was out of ordinary...for about ten minutes.

"Sunbae! Chukhahae!" one of the juniors came up to me and cheered.

"Erm...kamsahabnida?" I was puzzled.

"Wow, here comes the one and only Jung Ilhoon!" a senior praised me as I walked along the hallway. Why were they doing this?

No matter, I had to find Bomi. I bet she was waiting for me in the cafeteria as always.

But to my dismay, I only saw Jaerim there at our usual spot. I knew the others were at a meeting for their after school activities. But still...where was Bomi?

Jaerim also congratulated me. When I asked about Bomi's whereabouts, he also was not sure. Really...where was she?

For the rest of the day, I did not see her at all. Even though we had a class at the end of the day, she apparently did not turn up for it. I realised I had to find her immediately after school.

So it was that when the bell rang, I dashed out of school first. At the gates, I waited for Bomi to come out. It was not difficult to spot her when she did start walking out.

"Bbom noona!" I called out. "Over here!"

But she did not seem to hear me. Actually, I was sure she just ignored me because we made eye contact. I went up to her side.

"Bbom!" I tried to talk to her. "Something happened? How come you weren't in class today? Eyy, if it is a small problem don't fret over it. But if it is a family problem...I also cannot say much since it's personal. Why don't we talk-"

Suddenly, she slapped me in the face. And she was...crying?

"Betrayer..." she sobbed.

"Bbom..." I was still reeling in from the stinging pain. "What-"