Chapter 2: Different (Bomi POV)

First Posted On: June 30th 2015

Last Updated On: July 11th 2015

~ ~ ~

Aigoo... Hoonie is so easy to tease. Well, we were long time best friends, so we were totally comfortable doing a lot of stuff together. I guess it would make sense for him to be more innocent since he was the younger one.

You see, due to some family issues, I could not start school at the same time as those my age. I ended up being in the same kindergarten as Ilhoon, and ultimately it was he who helped me adjust to the new environment. Since then, we were closer than ever. My omma and appa were happy that there was someone else I could also rely on when I was facing trouble, and they even were close friends with Hoonie's parents.

However, I kept my family problems a secret from Ilhoon for fear of affecting our friendship. My parents could share whatever they wanted, but I pleaded with them not to tell Ilhoon anything about our problems.

Either way, Hoonie still kept a look out for me and took care of me like a brother. I was thankful for that.

Anyway...after the holding hands moment, I thought about my actions again. Hoonie actually held my hand...haha that's the Hoonie I knew. Omo...why was I embarrassed by it?! Was I not the one to ask him to hold my hand first?

Nothing out of the ordinary happened for the rest of the day. But as the lessons carried on, the scene just kept replaying in my head. Argh...was I...blushing?! Aniya...Hoonie and I were just best friends...nothing more.

It was after classes ended at lunchtime that I realised something was a little off. It only happened when I met Hoonie again at our usual table.

"Hoonie yah!" I made my bubbly entrance causing students nearby to stare at me. Yeah, the whole school suspected Hoonie and I were an item. But I brushed the rumors off. WE WERE JUST FRIENDS OK?!

"Annyeong Bbom..." he replied a tad less lively than usual.

"Hehe," I laughed and brushed off my worries. Maybe Hoonie was just tired after lessons.

"That moment kept replaying in my head. You know the holding hands," I looked at him wistfully.

"Is it?" he was still slightly off his usual self. Now I was getting concerned.

"You seem under the weather today..." I pointed out. "Are you really okay?"

"Really," he tried assuring me, "I'm fine."

"Perhaps..." I thought. "Were you a little affected by my gesture to hold hands? Come on...we are friends right? No hard feelings."

"Ah?" he was caught by surprise. "No...it's not like that Bbom."

Keke, Hoonie was really kyeopta each time he talked. Adorable as a...wait did I just call my best friend adorable?! Calm down Bomi...you two are just best friends...

"You can tell me what's worrying you when you are ready," I remained supportive. Since I was older, it was nature for me to also look out for my younger friend.

"Bbom...I'm just a little tired that's all. But thanks to you, my spirits get lifted up each time." Hoonie faced me.

Ah...that's the Ilhoon I knew. He always compliments me when he had the opportunity. I guess that was what kept our friendship strong these years.

"Hoonie," I pinched his cheeks, "gomawo yah!"

"Apa! Apa!" he cried. "Stop pinching me!"

"Aniyo?" I said it like it was a question.