Chapter 17: It's My Turn (Ilhoon & Bomi POV)

First Posted On: August 21st 2015

Last Updated On: August 21st 2015

A/N: This takes place during the MAMA 2013 period. Ilhoon's is before and Bomi's is during.

~ ~ ~

(Ilhoon POV - Before MAMA 2013)

(~ Three Months Later ~)

I sat comfortably at CUBE Entertainment's cafe sipping a warm cup of coffee. Winter had arrived in Korea and every one was catching the flu. I was not spared myself, but I diligently carried on with training and recordings for Weekly Idol.

These few months, Bomi and I had become a lot closer. We were less awkward and even had the odd playful fight or quarrel here and there (often because of the games we needed to play on the show). But I was glad, at least, I was MC-ing a show with her.

Yeah, the members still kept teasing me...but nowadays even that had died out. Only Sungjae was persistent.

As for my poem, I had been too busy with my schedules to come up with a new idea for it. I had been putting a lot of effort into it and now...I just hit a road block.

Where were the other members you might ask? Well, aside from Eunkwang, who was resting at home, everyone else was here in CUBE Entertainment. So when Peniel hyung came down to find me, I was not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

"Ilhoon ah," he came up to me. "Would you mind helping us?"

"Ne," I answered. "Who is part of 'us' though?"

"Well...the CUBE staff..." he revealed.

I gulped. Usually that meant CEO Hong as well. Now with me being in BTOB, he had been more serious, not the same relaxed person I remembered when he first scouted me. Still, what could go wrong?

Naturally, Peniel and I made my way to the office and stood outside the entrance. I knocked on the glass door asking if we could enter.

One of the staff came and led us to the meeting room. And there inside, I saw all the familiar faces of my manager and BTOB's overall manager. Along with...

...Apink's manager?

"Annyeonghaseyo," Peniel and I greeted them and shook their hands.

I was relieved when I heard that CEO Hong would not be joining us. So it was alright to be more relaxed.

"So, what may I help you with?" I wanted to know right away.

"Remember our debut stage?" manager hyung asked me. The first thing that came to my mind was of course the performance. Other than that, it would be Bomi's visit. Seol ma...?

"Well," Apink's manager filled us in. "We would like you to do the same for Apink when they attend the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) in two days!"

MWO?!

"Mianhae Ilhoon ah," Peniel confessed. "I thought you would fit the bill since you are a songwriter..."

"Seriously hyung?" I smirked at his logic.

Although, on second thought, the possibility of Bomi reading it made me feel elated inside.

"I'd be more than happy to do it," I smiled at the managers.

"Any idea if Apink is going to be winning an award at MAMA?" manager hyung wanted to know.

"They will be," Apink's manager revealed, which made me excited. "But I am not allowed to reveal the award to anyone yet."