Chapter 5: These Members...(Bomi POV)

First Posted On: July 4th 2015

Last Updated On: October 22nd 2015

~ ~ ~

It was only quite recently since Apink clinched our first music show win with 'My My' and the moment was still reeling in our heads. The members and I were extremely thankful to our managers, choreographers and everyone behind the scenes whom helped made that moment possible.

I don't know what compelled me to become a trainee under ACUBE almost a year ago, but I guess it was a decision I never regretted. And I had six other members to celebrate and share memorable moments with.

I was already coming to the end of schooling, and I decided to delay my university studies for the time being to focus on music. During my time in school, I had been representing them in a lot of singing and dance events...a passion I always wanted to pursue.

Today though, the practice room was filled with anticipation.

"Unnies! Unnies!" Hayoung called us over during our break. "Look here, there's a new group coming up! And it's a boy group!"

"Daebak!!" Namjoo immediately perked up. "Are they handsome?!"

"Yah yah!" Chorong unnie smirked. "You already fangirling when you haven't seen them yet or heard them sing at all?"

We all congregated around the maknae as she showed us the teaser pic of the new group. It would be called 'BTOB', the short name for 'Born TO Beat'. Like Apink, there were seven members in the boy group...it was only the potential for...

"Let's get dibs on the members!" Eunji announced.

Well, there we go again. Every time a new boy group was to debut, it was tradition that we all pick the most attractive members of the group and have a game to pick our favourite members.

It was hit and miss really. If there were less than seven members in the group, like BEAST, Big Bang or DBSK, there will be the few poor 'forever alone' members (usually me or Chorong). But for larger groups with more than seven members, like Super Junior or EXO, we really had our free pick...pretty much.

But to have a boy group with the same number of members as ours...it was like hitting the jackpot! They all looked so handsome too!

It was time for our pick!

"Omo...this member looks very athletic! And he has similarities to EXO's Baekhyun!" Eunji pointed to one of the members in the photo. I had to agree with her on that one.

"You just like people who look like Baekhyun. Right unnie?" Yookyung rolled her eyes.

"A-A-Aniyo?" Eunji denied. "Either way, I pick this member."

No one objected, which made my same-aged member relieved.

"I choose him!" Chorong unnie pointed to another member. "He has that killer gaze in him!"

Actually, I recognised who she picked. She picked Im Hyunsik. I knew him straight away because he attended the same school as me. He told me before that he wanted to take up singing. I was glad that he could finally do that as a BTOB member.

Pursuing dreams...sounded like someone as well...

"Omo!" Hayoung spoke next. "I think this member looks like their maknae! He'll definitely hit of well with me if we hung out!"

"Yah!" Namjoo protested. "You may look older than you are, but you are still younger than all the BTOB members. The makane is a 95-liner, so he should be with his chingu: me!"