Chapter 31: Back Together? (Bomi POV)

First Posted On: October 30th 2015

Last Updated On: October 30th 2015

~ ~ ~

That's right. I had found out first. I knew I could call on those few acting tips I got form Chorong, Eunji and Naeun. I put them to use when they counted.

The part about me being Ilhoon's punching bag was the most hilarious, but I had to control myself otherwise I would have blown my cover. Oh man...those were the days.

It had not occurred to me, but I felt a smile forming on my face. Ilhoon's confession had just made it broader.

"Neo..." he remained frozen on the spot. "Did I just become a pabo...?"

Hmm...should I rub it in even more? Maybe bring up that quarrel of ours from seven years ago? But I was scared he would go all out anger mode on me like the kissing incident.

Whatever, I stole our first kiss and he stole our second.

"Ne," I answered. "just like the pabo who kept the fact he was debuting as a CUBE Entertainment trainee a secret from his best friend!"

He should remember that right...?

"Oh man..." Ilhoon face-palmed. "You even knew about that?"

"Dangyunhaji~!" I did a merong face at him. Though I quickly straightened my facial expression when I realised he was not smiling.

"This...I never knew..." Ilhoon could not find the words to speak. "And to think I kissed you so nonchalantly like that hoping you would remember..."

"Remember remember remember...haiz..." I placed both my hands on his shoulders. "Hoonie...the more recent memories came later...but most of them returned to me just over two years ago."

That night's dream was the life-changing moment. I remembered everything that Ilhoon shared with me...and when I woke up the following morning, I could not believe it...

...that Ilhoon was my childhood bestie, schoolmate and thorn in my flesh (for the pleasant reasons of course).

And that same person ended up debuting in CUBE...without my knowledge. After our fight, I tried to move on from him...but I could not. So I pursued my dream of dancing to forget about him...only to have him reappear in my life just a year into Apink's debut.

Everything fell into place. Like before, I had always known Hoonie for his killer looks, especially his eyes and his smile. It reassured me, and at times...melted my heart.

Oh wait...did I mention he was also my crush? Speaking of which...

"Yah..." I grabbed his chin. "You eavesdropped on me?!?!"

Finally he smirked and said, "So apparently I did, and I'm glad I did."

"MWO?!" I was already shocked he remembered something I did not even realise previously. The fact that he even liked my confession was...

"Let me see..." his eyes turned upwards as if he was in thought. "Do I like my best friend? Everything is wrong in your statement."

Huh?

"It's 'I love my best friend', you see?" he chuckled and leaned in for another kiss.

"Hajiman..." I stopped him first leaving him puzzled. "I never said I loved you to begin with..."

"But-" Ilhoon tried to salvage the situation.

"Listen Ilhoon..." I sighed. "You know when we were still in school...I admit I did have feelings for you. A lot actually. I could not forget you after we went our separate ways initially..."