Chapter 6: Insane Debut (Ilhoon POV)

Chapter 6: Insane Debut...(Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: July 11th 2015

Last Updated On: July 11th 2015

~ ~ ~

"Ok BTOB!" CEO Hong informed all seven of us when we met him. "Tomorrow your MV is going to be released via your group's Youtube channel. On the same day, you will making your debut stage at KBS Music Bank. Just put in your best efforts this time."

I could not believe it myself. It felt like yesterday when I first started training with CUBE, and now after four years, I'm finally debuting with them!

"Kamsahabnida CEO-nim!" Our leader, Eunkwang bowed to him. The rest of the members and I followed suit. With that, we returned to our practice room.

All of us had put in a lot of hard work to ensure that our debut song, 'Insane' would be a success. And all of us had been waiting for the day of our debut stage. It had long since been my dream to perform on stage, and now seemed to be my chance.

"Hyung!" Sungjae shook me in excitement. "It's actually happening tomorrow! I can't even!"

"Calm down maknae yah!" Changsub shook his head. "Although I'm just as excited as you, I'm also slightly nervous that we would slip up."

"We cannot be slipping up on our debut stage, you know that right, yaedul ah?!" Eunkwang reminded us.

We all looked up to Eunkwang as our group's leader. However, as a group, we would have to look up to our sunbaes for guidance as we slowly establish ourselves in Kpop.

Naturally, we wanted to get close to the girl groups. The problem is that groups like SNSD were just untouchable. The nation's girl group...how could we ever meet them in person...

However...we stood a better chance with Apink. They were just one year our seniors. Plus, we really like their innocent and pure concept. You could say we were Apink's fanboys.

"Yaedul ah," Minhyuk suggested. "After we finish our promotions, we should go and pay Apink a visit in their practice room. Thank them for inspiring us."

"We have an ulterior motive actually, right?" Peniel stated plainly. Any opportunity to get close to Apink was a good one.

In my opinion, I already felt I was most compatible with Apink's Bomi. Having seen her on shows like 'Apink News', she really expressed her sweet and cute charm without worry. And the members all agree I had similar characteristics: adorably cute yet stunningly handsome. Maybe Bomi liked this sort of namja?

I knew Hyunsik and Bomi attended the same school. That said, Hyunsik hyung had the advantage; he probably knew Bomi better than anyone of else did. However, the fact that even he thought I suited Bomi more than he did gave me some hope.

Well since I was at it, I might as well tell you about how Apink revolved around the other members.

Minhyuk had always fancied Chorong. I guess he liked her innocent-sounding voice and her hilarious dolphin squeals.

Eunkwang hyung instead liked Eunji. He wanted to pursue acting in the future and knowing that Eunji also liked acting further strengthened his desire.

And of course, Sungjae wanted to get closer to his same-aged chingu in Apink, Namjoo.

The other members, myself included, changed likings every now and then. But it seemed like I'd stick to Bomi now.

Hang on...why did I already decide on Bomi so fast?! BTOB hadn't even debuted yet Funny how we all talked about this and we had not even met Apink yet either.