Chapter 16: Complicated (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: August 14th 2015

Last Updated On: August 15th 2015

~ ~ ~

    She...had my bracelet?!

    I kind of felt like a downright pabo when I recognised my bracelet. After all these months, I never even considered asking her about the whereabouts of it. And now, of all people, my Apink bias, Yoon Bomi, had it all this while?!

    I was furious. Yeah, I did not understand why I even got mad at her! She found my bracelet so I should be overjoyed not mad right?!

    No wait...I should be confused...

    How come these two bracelets were the same (aside from the initials)? Was it intentional?

    "I think we are thinking about the same thing...Ilhoon ah..." Bomi spoke again. "They're the same..."

    "No...i-i-impossible," I was still adamant for some reason. "How could I be owning two bracelets at one time...?"

    I gave Bomi the bracelet with her initials, still puzzled about this whole issue.

    "But Ilhoon ah," Bomi became all innocent again. "This is really pretty. Both of us should wear the bracelets to...work!"

    I did not mind that idea at all! They looked really nice on our wrists to be honest. The thing was that I wore my bracelet because I found it precious to me for some reason. Would Bomi noona feel the same...? Would she see the bracelet as precious because I gave it to her as a gift?

    "Yeppuda~!" she was mesmerised by it.

    Just then some one knocked on her room door.

    "YAH! Yoon Bomi gwenchana?" Eunji sshi called for her. "We thought we heard some screaming in there!"

    "Aniyo!" Bomi denied. "I was just...excited about my gift from Ilhoon!"

    She was not wrong though.

    "Anyway, just to let you know we need help finishing the cake. We saved two slices for you and Ilhoon," Eunji reminded us.

    "Ne!" both of us replied.

    After Eunji left, I suddenly remembered the second part of Bomi's gift.

    "Jakkanman noona!" I fished a piece of paper from the box. "Read this please."

    "What's this?" Bomi asked.

    She unfolded the paper and could not help but smile widely as she read the poem I composed for her.

    "Annyeong Bomi noona..." she began.

(Bomi's Birthday Poem)

You who are a always a kid at heart.

In my to (and to those around you) you make up a huge part.

And now you have come of age,

It's time to move on to the next stage.

Saeng-il chukhahae Bomi, my favourite Apink member.

This fact, I hope you always remember~

This bracelet here, it's sincerely yours.

Let us keep close, because these memories are ours!

(Bomi's Birthday Poem End)

    "With love, Jung Ilhoon (aegyo kid)". Bomi gave me her trademark grin as she read the last sentence.