Chapter 12: Fingers (Bomi POV)

First Posted On: July 28th 2015

Last Updated On: July 28th 2015

~ ~ ~

"Andwe! Not today...no no no...!" I was muttering to myself.

This was bad...very bad!! I know we had our comeback recently with 'No No No', but that also meant more recordings for, amongst other things, TV shows. Apink might have been slowly rising in popularity since 'My My', but we could not afford to relax.

Just a week ago, only two days into our comeback promotions, an MBC representative had visited us and offered me...a chance to be a regular MC in a segment of one of their hit shows.

But not just any show...it was WEEKLY IDOL!! Well...more like the show where Ilhoon is also an MC!

Since his first appearance on the show, I always watched his segment whenever I had time. Now...I was going to be on the same show and segment as him?!

So I guess you understood why I could not afford to be late on my first day. Bad impression...well no thanks to the music show I just attended (it was delayed).

Finally, I arrived at the MBC building and followed my manager to the recording studio. He was rushing me too. My...today was going to be a hectic one...

A few minutes later, I reached the studio and my stylist got to work to make me look more presentable for the recording; and Ilhoon too~

"Palli! You are going to be late! We need to do some quick make up for you!" my manager spoke hastily.

I sat still and stared at myself in the mirror. In no time, my stylist was almost done.

Then, from the mirrors, I saw a figure at the doorway. I was eager to see who it was, and I got the shock of my life.

It was JUNG FREAKING ILHOON!

My mind was going all out of control. I mean...my co-MC was there...and he was also my bias in his group! I wish I could go all out fangirl mode at that moment...but I was glued to my seat getting my make up done.

I noticed him catching a glance at me before swiftly turning away...perhaps shyly? Seol ma... did he see me without makeup so could not face me?! Well done Yoon Bomi, you embarrassed yourself in front of your hoobae...

My face was also feeling more heated by the second. Was I...

"Done, Bomi ah," my stylist patted my shoulder. "Now let's get cracking!"

Rather too enthusiastically, I jumped up from my seat and headed for the recording studio. But a person stood in front of me, blocking the doorway. Oh great...

"Uh...cheogiyo?" I asked him sweetly, "Could you...um...step aside please? I need to pass..."

Somehow, though he complied almost instantly, he ended up falling to the floor. My...he had weak legs...

And then, our eyes locked. Not a word was spoken for ten seconds.

"C-C-Choesonghabnida!" he became flustered all of a sudden.

In those ten seconds, I had finally registered that the person who blocked my way just then...was Ilhoon!

"Jakkanman!" I pointed at him. "You're...aegyo boy Jung Ilhoon!"

Really Bomi? You had to address him informally already? Well, he nodded in acknowledgement, so I guess he did not mind. After all, I was sure he read the letter I wrote on his debut stage with BTOB.