Chapter 4: Fast Forwarding (Third Person POV)

First Posted On: June 30th 2015

Last Updated On: July 11th 2015

~ ~ ~

The moment the two of them separated was the beginning of a change in their lives. Even though they still saw each other in school, Bomi and Ilhoon did not acknowledge each other. Bomi made sure she was as far away from Ilhoon each time, so she changed her seat whenever she had classes with him.

During breaks, they also avoided each other. They still hung out with their chingus, but Bomi and Ilhoon were never seen together with them as a couple. Meaning as long as Bomi was with them, Ilhoon was not...and vice versa.

Ilhoon's activites with CUBE continued to take up more of his time in school, but he was still able to manage his schoolwork. At the same time, he was absent from school more frequently...something Bomi had realised. It only tore her heart even more.

Bomi, despite everything, became even more concerned for Ilhoon. But eventually, she made a resolve not to be affected by him anymore. It was too much for her. As the school term ended, she persuaded her omma to transfer her to a different school. Thus in 2009, Bomi and Ilhoon properly separated for good.

Ilhoon, on the other hand, was too busy juggling his activities to realise it. Ultimately, he was to end up forgetting about his former best friend and life, during that time at least, went on as per normal.

It was around that time when Bomi found her passion in dancing and she became part of her school's dance team. She also took up a bit of singing and began to perform at various school and public events. She too became increasingly popular amongst the students. At times, she sang ballad songs too, and without doubt, she was reminded of Ilhoon, but she brushed those thoughts off.

Ilhoon continued to train in CUBE and soon he met and familiarised himself with all the trainees whom would be in the same group as him: Eunhyuk, Changsub, Minhyuk, Peniel, Hyunsik and Sungjae (A/N: Are they in order of age?). By the end of 2010, he got along extremely well with them all and aside from training together, they would organise bowling parties and arrange for study sessions. As he became more comfortable with his fellow trainees, Ilhoon slowly forgot about Bomi...but flashes of her would still cross his memories.

And then, it was in 2011, while she was out on a street performance in Hongdae, Bomi was scouted by a representative of the new ACUBE Entertainment. Without hesitation, she accepted the offer and was now a trainee under them. Almost immediately too, she was to be part of a new girl group called 'Apink' together with fellow trainees Chorong, Eunji, Naeun, Yookyung, Namjoo and Hayoung. They debuted in April and by the end of the year, had already won the fans hearts. They even won the 'Best Rookie Girl Group' award at MAMA 2011.

Ilhoon and his fellow trainees were also preparing for debut. Having decided on the name 'BTOB' for their group. Just like their sunbaes in Apink, they were eager to stand on stage in front of their fans for the first time. The BTOB members all looked up to Apink and wished to be as successful as them after their debut.

But of course, Bomi had no idea ACUBE was a subsidiary of CUBE, the same agency that Ilhoon was in. Neither was Ilhoon aware that Bomi was a member of Apink. That, however, would all change by 2012...

~ ~ ~

A/N: Speeding through time! From 2008 to 2012! Every few chapters, I will indicate the change in the year. It should stretch all the way to 2015.

And...a third person POV this time around! It is the best method for this sort of plot progression.

By the way, forgot to comment on the comebacks of the featured groups! I really liked BTOB's ballad song 'It's Okay' with the melodious tune. And of course...APINK COMEBACK ON THE 16TH! Really anticipating it! Next update should be by then!

Remember to vote this story for #Wattys2015!

Vote + Comment ~ !