Chapter 27: Want Yoon Back (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: October 8th 2015

Last Updated On: October 8th 2015

~ ~ ~

Once the performances were over and we were ready to head back to the dorm, I pondered over what I told Bomi. Noona sure looked surprised when I broke the tension for the first time in eight months, but I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Was it the right way to ask her to meet up like that? At that time, I could not be sure. But some matters had to be addressed.

On our way to the van, we bumped into Apink again. The atmosphere between our groups was still at a high since earlier on, but Bomi still avoided eye contact with me. At that rate, it was becoming increasingly unlikely that she'd meet me later on.

On the way back in the van, the members sensed and noticed that I had a troubled expression on my face. Somehow, they did not ask me about it.

"I'm tired!" Hyunsik announced as soon as we returned to the dorm.

"Let's get some rest guys," Eunkwang told us. "We have a photoshoot tomorrow morning."

But I had no intention of resting...yet.

The fatigued members were quick to crash onto their beds. So when I made a lame excuse that I would take out the trash, they were extremely relieved.

"Goodnight Ilhoon hyung!" Sungjae spoke before he retired to his room (which we shared).

Despite being in my sleeping attire, I still went out and cleared the trash. But instead of heading back to the dorm, I walked towards the neighbourhood park, where the kissing incident happened.

But I waited for some fifteen minutes, and there was still no sign of Bomi heading toward the park. It was cold, and yes, I was perhaps mad to be waiting outside, in the middle of winter, for someone who most likely won't come.

"Ah...choo!" I sniffed.

Ah right...I forgot that I had a medical condition where I was advised to keep warm during this time of the year. I never really had the strongest resistance to cold...especially in winter. But still I waited...

As a gust of wind blew across the park, I began to realise that maybe I really was stupid for waiting out here for Bomi. She was not going to come...

And my eyes were getting heavier by the second...

As I coughed for the nth time, and on the verge of convincing myself that I was going to fall sick soon, I felt something wrap around my neck...

Someone put a scarf on me!

And a familiar voice followed...

"Yah Jung Ilhoon!" Bomi noona spoke worriedly. "Why are you doing such silly things right now! Do you want to get sick?!"

Hearing her worried tone made me feel a lot better...strangely. I really never thought about it...but I really missed her.

"You came?" I shivered, yet still managed to speak.

"Duh, you pabo!" she became extremely concerned. "You are the sort who doesn't go back on his promises! How could I let you wait out here like that?!"

"So you never wanted to come here initially?" I felt a little disappointed. She only came out of self-pity after all.

"Aniyo!" she insisted. "I was...hesitant."