Chapter 14: Something For Her (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: August 5th 2015

Last Updated On: August 5th 2015

~ ~ ~

(~ Some weeks later ~)

"Hyung! This is so difficult!!" I complained.

"Keep going Ilhoon ah!" Changsub encouraged me. "We are reaching the end of your final set!"

"MY ARMS! They're crying!" I somehow felt disillusioned at that point.

"It's just sweat..." Hyunsik face-palmed.

Finally, I completed my workout routine of the day. You see, Changsub asked me and Hyunsik yesterday to accompany him to the gym. Didn't even know why I agreed to follow them...I'm not even fit.

"Good job Jung Ilhoon!" my members (or trainers(?)) congratulated me. "See, your arms look more toned already because you made your muscles work!"

"Kamsa-...*pant*...habni-...*wheeze*...da!" I could not even form a proper sentence now. This was going to be a problem...

"I cannot understand..." Hyunsik smirked at me. "Why do you not like working out like us?"

"Hyung, I prefer working out for my brain...not my body. That's why I write songs!" I explained.

The hyungs nodded in agreement. They knew that it was a hobby I treasured.

"Still," Changsub was puzzled, "don't you want to look good for the fans, especially the ladies?"

"Aniyo hyung," I disagreed. "I'm fine just as I am."

"No no no!" Hyunsik spoke. "You really should build up your muscles. Especially for Yoon-"

"MWO?!" I quickly jumped up and clamped his mouth even though he was my hyung. I knew who he was going to talk about next. Andwe!

"Bomi sunbae!" Changsub finished with a devious laugh. Sigh...

I did not need to work out for Bomi noona at all. Even though she never made a comment about my build, I felt it was best if I stayed as I was, physique-wise.

Besides, whenever saw each other every week on 'Weekly Idol' recordings, she always complimented my 'handsome' looks. Flattering, yes. But I never understood why, out of all the more attractive-looking members in BTOB, she would pick me...the group's songwriter.

I knew that she expressed tomboy behaviour, but maybe there was a girly side to her. Apink, after all, is a girl group...

"Anyway, how is recording with her every week?" Hyunsik asked me. "Fun?"

I was about to say I was delighted and could not ask for more. But I decided to tone things down a little, and instead replied with, "Ne..."

"You don't like it?!" Hyunsik was shocked. "Then I'll ask the PD-nim to..."

Now thinking that he was going to remove me from the show, I immediately changed my reply to, "Hyung! Aniyo! I really enjoy recording 'Weekly Idol' with her."

He just laughed at my flustered behaviour. Sigh...this was going to be a long day...

"Hoonie yah, jangan-iya!" Changsub patted my shoulder.

Lately, I've gotten over the members calling me by that name. However, I was still determined to find out why 'Hoonie' had such a huge sentimental value to me.

We ended our workout session and after a quick shower, we began to make our way back to the dorm. Along the way, we passed by a gift shop.

"Speaking of gifts..." Hyunsik snapped his fingers, "Your ideal type's birthday is coming soon. In a few days actually."