Chapter 32: Promise U (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: November 4th 2015

Last Updated On: November 4th 2015

~ ~ ~

Can you really fall in love with your best friend? At that moment I was unsure about that. In fact, I had never really come to question about my affection for Bomi. Sure, I may have overheard her thinking out loud about being in love with me...but I never asked myself the same question before.

And through all this, we had kissed each other twice while we were still in doldrums about our relationship. What were we?

"Ilhoon," she looked at me puzzled. "Is that not..."

"This is not just a simple matter of remembering what you thought..." I kept hugging her. "I never thought of asking that same question myself in the four years we were apart...along with the two and a half years promoting as an idol."

Molla...I want to love you, Yoon Bomi. But at the same time...I could not. And obviously we cannot date just like that because we are idols.

"Ilhoon...let go please?" Bomi nudged me. "Someone may see us..."

I had to let go of the hug for our sake. It could just be career damaging for both of us. Paparazzi don't care if we were MCs for the same show.

"Bomi noona," I tried to keep up a smile. "You should go back first. Your members will be worried."

"Ne," was her only response before she hurriedly returned to her dorm. I left shortly afterward.

Back in my room, Sungjae was already asleep. However, I was far from tired. My past seemed to have caught up with me.

"Why did I throw away so many chances to apologise...?" I asked myself.

Duh you pabo...you chased your dream instead of chasing her. Well...at least not with her.

But then...what if I threw away that chance to be a trainee with CUBE Entertainment? Would I have gotten that same chance Bomi got? The chance that brought her to ACUBE Entertainment?

After all, both of us were best friends back in school. I wanted those times back...and something more...

...I wanted to give her the love she deserved.

Earlier that that evening, I made a special visit back to my own home. For one, I wanted to visit my parents whom I had not seen in a long time. For two, I wanted to find my memories with Bomi. After turning my room upside down, I found them in an old box. There were photos of us as kids, secret messages to each other and even other treasured items like marbles and stones.

I looked through the photos and the wave of nostalgia hit me...hard. There were lots of photos where Bomi and I held hands tightly. Heck we already had skinship at such a young age!

"Saranghae Yoon Bomi," I whispered as a tear escaped my eye. "I don't want to hurt you again..."

Just then, I received a text message. At this late hour...who could it be though?

I read the message on my phone screen and saw the sender...

YOON BOMI?!

(Conversation - Bomi & Ilhoon)

Bomi: Hoonie...

Me: Bbom noona...waegeurae?

Bomi: I know you aren't asleep.

Me: How...?

Bomi: Because we've known each other for years...

Me: That explains it.