Chapter 19: My Treat (Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: August 29th 2015

Last Updated On: August 29th 2015

A/N: This takes place during New Year's Eve 2013.

~ ~ ~

(~ One Month Later ~)

Otteokae?! Why was my heart pounding like it was on a drug overdose?! It never happened before...! Well, I guess that would happen if you were moments away from a dinner appointment with your favourite...colleague(?). Funny though because having been MCs for half a year already, why would I feel extremely nervous?

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised that Bomi, who was my sunbae after all, would ask me out for dinner first. Sure, it would be completely natural if I had just debuted, but now BTOB was reaching nearly two years in the music industry. So, for her to ask me out...did that make me...special?

And it would just be me and her alone! No managers; no other members; no fans; just us.

Ok well...I did want to treat her to dinner one day...but this was way too soon. I guess I got too caught up over that somewhat harmless text message she sent me almost a month ago:

< "Hoonie~ Thank you for supporting me and the members. Actually, I've been wanting to ask this for a while... Can we go out for dinner one evening? Just us?" >

Fortunately, I was the only one who saw it. I'd hear no end from the members if they did see it. Rather unfortunately however, mine and Bomi's busy schedules forced us to arrange for the dinner meeting on New Years Eve. In fact, she was the one who suggested that day. Great, I might end up spending the new year with her. Awkward much?

And thus, I stood outside Apink's dorm patiently waiting for my date(?) to come out. Bomi asked me to wait for her at her dorm. Ok...did that mean I would need to escort her out. It felt strangely satisfying for some reason.

"Calm down Ilhoon," I reassured myself. "Both of you are just having dinner."

That said, I had been standing outside her dorm for ten minutes already. Truthfully, I could not wait to go out with her, so I made it a commitment to arrive early.

Now then, should I knock?

At that instant, I heard the door unlock. Totally unexpected. What if their manager was inside?! I might as well just run off and...

"Who's making loud footstep noises outside the dorm?!" a recognisable voice was heard. Of course it was one of the Apink members...

...but like that time SBS Inkigayo, Bomi did not appear at the door.

"Oh...you must be Ilhoon..." Yookyung was the one who greeted me at the door.

"Ne...it's me..." I nodded and gave my best smile.

"Mianhae," she apologised. "It's not often that we get visitors at our dorm, especially from members of boy groups like yours."

Yookyung welcomed me in and I reminded her, "Didn't BTOB visit already? All the members?"

"How many months has that been?" she laughed.

Long... Damn I kind of missed stepping into Apink's dorm, so to return is quite pleasant...only this time I came alone.

"Aigoo~ Ilhoonie is in the dorm!!" Eunji noona announced my arrival.

"Jinja?!" Hayoung cried from the kitchen.

"Palli palli! Get him a drink! He must be nervous waiting! Oh annyeonghaseyo Ilhoon ah!" Chorong noona sounded rushed as she whizzed past me.

In fact, all the Apink members became frantic upon realising my presence. Even the usually quiet Naeun stopped reading and began tidying up the dorm.