Chapter 28: A New Us (Bomi POV)

First Posted On: October 14th 2015

Last Updated On: October 14th 2015

~ ~ ~

"Jakkanman!" I listened to Ilhoon's conversation from outside. "You mean to say that Bomi...was the one who took me here?"

"Well...yeah..." I heard Hyunsik's reply. "Her eyes were red from crying when we arrived."

"Hyung," Ilhoon asked next. "Can you try to contact Bomi for me? I must thank her, like for real!"

"No," Hyunsik's reply was blunt. "Promise her not to risk your life stupidly again. That is all she asks from you."

And I heard silence after that.

It was true that I had asked Hyunsik to tell Ilhoon that. I could not afford to see Ilhoon like that anymore. Has he not realised he needs to warm up first? I could have waited for his apology any day.

But why late last night...? In the cold wind...? And when the first snow of the winter fell?

(Flashback - Last evening)

I watched him stand up and walk away from me slowly. His sudden confession for the first time in more than a year caught me completely off guard and I was unable to respond to him.

He suddenly turned back and tried undoing the scarf that I gave him. If he dares give that back to me I'll literally sit on him at our next 'Weekly Idol; recording. Although...I would like to smell his scent on the scarf any day.

But when I witnessed him collapse onto the hard pavement, my reflexes took action. He was losing to the biting cold!

"ILHOON! ANDWE! IL-EON AH!!" I cried with a frantic and panicked tone in my voice. He was slowly becoming weak in the cold and his face looked so pale and aged you'd think he was in his sixties!

Doesn't he know he should not be outside for too long during winter?!

"Get up! Palli!" I was crying now while trying to call for help. "You pabo! We are just a two-minute walk away from your dorm...and warmth!"

I tried dragging him...but it was no use. He had slumped across the pavement.

"N-N...." he spluttered. "Noona, get help...please..."

He faced Bomi and struggled to stay conscious. Then suddenly, he noticed something...

"Look..." he forced himself to point at the sky. "Snow...flakes..."

His body then went limp and I feared the worst! No...not now!

After calling for the paramedics, I tried calling the BTOB members. However, that pabo Hyunsik would not pick up!! Neither would Sungjae or Changsub (don't ask me how I got the numbers of those two. It has something to do with Namjoo and Chorong).

Pabo-mi...the BTOB members a heavy sleepers. Of course they would not hear their phones ringing!

In the end, as the ambulance arrived, I decided the best thing to do was to call them in the morning. For the time being, I followed him there and informed Chorong unnie about Ilhoon's condition through text. She understood and also insisted I stayed by his side.

Upon arriving at the hospital, one of the nurses approached me and asked how I was related to him.

So I answered, "Actually I'm his..."