Chapter 22: Did I Just...? (Bomi POV)

First Posted On: September 15th 2015

Last Updated On: September 15th 2015

A/N: Part of the chapter happens in Mid-April 2014

~ ~ ~

Time stood still for an unbearably long time. If you called ten seconds long... Heck maybe I was going mad.

Look, it's not every day that you get to hang out with an idol for so long or so frequently. Let alone idols hanging out together away from their group members. For Ilhoon and I to get these opportunities was already a blessing...

...but did we (no maybe I) take it too far? And perhaps even too soon?

Of course, there were times I wanted to kiss Hoonie, but that was usually in my dreams. For it to happen there and then...unimaginable?

"Y-Yah!" Ilhoon cried out which resulted in us breaking the kiss apart. "What the heck?! N-N-Neo..."

"Ilhoon I-" I couldn't answer him. I was the one who lost balance and kissed him first. Well done, so we both stole each other's first kiss just like that...

I noticed that his cheeks were extremely red as an apple. No doubt we were embarrassed by it. But he could not seem to grasp the situation at all.

"Wae?!" he was suddenly furious. "Why did you do that?"

"How would I know that was going to happen?" I could not speak up. "It was my mistake..."

"Yoon Bomi..." Ilhoon used my full name. "Are you not afraid? You know we are idols right? What if people saw that?! Who's going to be responsible? Huh?"

"Calm down Ilhoon ah," I tried to console him. But it was no use as he pushed my hand away.

"I know, I'm your bias and you are my bias in our respective groups...but, for us at least, an accident still puts us and our groups at risk. Our careers are at stake!"

Duh, I knew that. Dating in public still is a controversial issue. But still..

"Jaebal Ilhoon ah," I felt tears coming out of my eyes. "I didn't mean to-"

"SHUT UP!" he was now overly-affected by the kiss that he grabbed my shirt. I was completely taken aback by his actions that my tears fell out instantly.

"JUNG ILHOON! Let go!" someone's voice called out from nowhere.

Swiftly, the person who shouted at Ilhoon pulled him away from me while another pair of hands also helped lift me up onto my feet. I also recognised my saviours(?) who reacted quickly: Hyunsik and Hayoung.

"Unnie!" Hayoung patted my shoulders and forehead. "Gwenchana? Did Ilhoon sshi hurt you?!"

"What the heck were you doing to Bomi?!" I heard Hyunsik try to get an answer out of Ilhoon.

On the outside, I remained strong and kept a poker face. But inside...my heart was crying. Crying over some small 'accident' that Ilhoon made a big deal out of.

"Hyung!" I heard Ilhoon complain. "She just kissed me on purpose! I'm certain of that. Who would teach dance steps and then conveniently make a mistake, no, TWO mistakes at that moment?!"

"Ilhoon ah!" I tried to say my piece. "You misunderstood! It was an accident!"

"Stop it, Bomi sshi," he used horrorfics now. My heart began to shatter once more.