Chapter 30: Revealed (Bomi & Ilhoon POV)

First Posted On: October 22nd 2015

Last Updated On: October 22nd 2015

A/N: This takes place on January 4th 2015

~ ~ ~

(Bomi POV)

It's now four days into the brand new year of 2015. While everyone would usually talk about 'welcoming' new resolutions, goals, rewards and milestones, it was not all smiles for us. That was because after a successful one and a half month stint of promotions, 'LUV' would be performed live for one last time.

Yes...it was our goodbye stage. And we had seventeen music show wins altogether.

To be honest, we were real sad to see this period of promotions come to an end, but as a group, Apink decided to perform as best as we could and give 'LUV' the send off it deserved.

"Apink... Hwaiting!" Chorong guided us in a cheer as we waited for our turn in the waiting room. The atmosphere was still at a high, probably because of the new year.

Eunji and I sat at one corner of the room as we freshened up. We had been busy pulling the odd joke with each other during that time. Until...

"Um...Bomi yah..." she was a little hesitant suddenly.

"Wae?" I asked. However, I was interrupted by laughter coming from Yookyung and Hayoung. I turned around and saw that they were laughing at something on their phones. Hmm...probably another message from Peniel...

"Anyway...before I carry on," Eunji grabbed my attention again, "did you not realise something?"

"That you are less like the confident and independent Eunji we know? Yeah I do," I answered plainly.

"Well...partly..." she bit her lip. "But have you seen Namjoo and Chorong unnie's behaviours lately? They're fighting less...?"

"Meh," I shrugged it off. "They're probably having a truce now. After this, they'll start nagging about who has the best shoes between Changsub and Sungjae."

Eunji and I scoffed. However, she soon returned to a hesitant look.

"Sasil," Eunji admitted. "Naneun..."

Her phone ringing then interrupted our conversation. But it also caught the attention of the other members. Because, while a phone's ringtone is nothing out of the ordinary...

...why was Eunji's phone's ringtone BTOB's 'Beep Beep'? And more specifically...Eunkwang's part?!

"EEP!" she squealed and pocketed her phone right after she declined the call. Come to think of it, even her text message tone is the 'Beep Beep' chorus.

"Unnie?" Naeun was the first to break the silence. "Why BTOB?"

"BLAME YOON BOMI!" Eunji pointed at me.

"Huh?!" I was totally lost in the situation. What does her ringtone have to do with me?!

"Apink! On standby!" the PD called for us. Well, looks like the matter would have to wait till after our goodbye stage.

As we made our way towards the stage, I stared at the crowd nervously. In the past, I used to remember Ilhoon's encouragement for me. Before each music show stage, he would always text me. But now...they were so rare, that even a simple 'good luck' was hard to hear from.

But I put my troubled thoughts behind and proceeded with the members to perform 'LUV' for the last time.

The final stage rounded off with the best finish ever. Not only did we not slip up, 'LUV' had once again clinched another win! It was a huge and well-deserved feat for us and we could not hold our tears of joy.