Chapter 13: Live (Ilhoon & Bomi POV)

First Posted On: August 1st 2015

Last Updated On: August 1st 2015

~ ~ ~

(Ilhoon POV)

(~ One week later ~)

I breathed in calmly and waited patiently in the waiting room in my best outfit, that I personally picked myself and not by my stylist.

Today was to be a special one for me, as I was MC-ing again. Yeah, I got it. I may have been MC-ing on 'Weekly Idol'. However, this would be my first time MC-ing for...A MUSIC SHOW!

Well, specifically SBS Inkigayo.

As a rookie MC, I was really eager when I was offered the opportunity to be this episode's MC. One of the reasons was to get to know the different idol groups better, especially through backstage interviews.

Of course, I had to look presentable for such an occasion. And I guess I looked dashing if I said so myself.

Once in the building, I met up with several idol groups like Girl's Day, ZE:A, and even rookies like BTS and BESTie. They all complimented my looks. Even Crayon Pop, whom debuted at around the same time as BTOB, had eyes bulging out of their sockets once they saw me.

"Who are you trying to impress? Ilhoon?" Siwan from ZE:A asked me while I was on the way to the waiting room.

"No one hyung," I replied honestly.

"Come on," he refused to give up. "There's someone right?"

But by then, I entered my waiting room. My co-MC, EXO's Baekhyun, was just getting ready.

After we greeted each other, he handed me a piece of paper saying, "Here's the performance list. We need to interview one of the artists, but I'm not sure whom we should pick. Any suggestions?"

I browsed the list of artists and the songs they were going to perform. Among the songs were Infinite's 'Destiny', BESTie's 'Pitpat', BEAST's 'Shadow' and 4Minute's 'Is It Poppin'. I made a mental note to consider interviewing my fellow label mates BEAST and 4Minute.

That was until I came across...

"Baekhyun sshi!" I called him over. "For the interview section, let us interview Apink! They're performing 'No No No' later!"

Of course, Apink would be performing. How did I not realise that initially?!

"Hey, Apink sounds like a good idea!" Baekhyun agreed. "Actually I'm also one of their fans!"

"Jinja?!" I was surprised. "Wow, then we have a lot to interview them about!"

We were eager for our interview segment indeed, but we had to prepare our opening and closing speeches for the whole programme.

"Ilhoon sshi, I need to take this call from Suho hyung!" Baekhyun informed me.

Although he left the room, he stayed at the doorway, thus I was able to hear him talking to EXO-K's leader. However, I wished I didn't listen soon afterward...

"Hyung?" Baekhyun was speaking. "Yeah I'm practicing my opening speech. Huh? The artist I'm interviewing? Omo, you would not believe it, but we are going to interview APINK! Haha~ dangyunhaji! Ne ne, I will ask Chorong sshi questions you wish to know about her...keke~ But hyung, only if there is time...because I want to interview Bomi sshi. Waeyo? I'm her fan! Can't I fanboy a little bit? Haiz...arasso..."

So Baekhyun also chose Bomi as his favourite Apink member... Well, I knew that Apink was a little close to EXO too since they met during a recording of 'We Got Married'. Thankfully, it was just EXO doing a surprise event, on behalf of SHINee's Taemin. And thankfully, Taemin sunbae's partner was not Bomi, but Naeun.