Chapter 38: Final Decisions (Ilhoon & Bomi POV)

First Posted On: December 20th 2015

Last Updated On: December 20th 2015

A/N: This chapter takes place between mid-June and mid-July.

~ ~ ~

(Ilhoon POV)

Worry. That was the only thing running through my mind the past week. Up till now, life had been rather busy as BTOB was now full swing into our comeback. It is a ballad track, appropriately titled 'It's Okay'. I know...sounds familiar.

I was the one who suggested it. Maybe I did lift from my poem to Bomi, but after some pondering, I knew 'It's Okay' was the best title for the song. I even chatted to Bomi about it...and surprisingly she agreed. Well, at least our working relationship was still going strong.

But I might take back that statement after this...because...

"Ilhoon ah," my manager's call interrupted my thoughts. I was the only one in the van today.

"Please, don't be so upset. Who knows...the meeting might not be about what you think..." he carried on reassuring me.

"Molla hyung..." I was not convinced. "Bomi isn't replying me..."

"Maybe...she's busy?" he suggested.

"Still...if CEO Hong is demanding both me and Bomi to see him, while sounding furious on the phone, it can only mean that..." I told him.

What happened...? Well...

(Flashback - Last Night)

The members and I had reviewed the part of the choreography that we would be doing for the chorus. Since this was a ballad track, the moves weren't as hard as our other songs.

But since I was doing the rap part, I needed to remember the lyrics well. We needed to do well, as usual.

"That's right!" our choreographer praised us once we were done. "Everyone in sync!"

"Kamsahabnida!" the members and I felt pleased with our efforts. So far, it was like any other normal evening. Until...

"Choesonghabnida!" we heard our manager apologise and rush into the practice room. "But CEO called and is expecting someone to talk to him right now.

I had this gut feeling that CEO Hong was going to grill us hard like a waffle iron very soon. Could this be the day? From the flustered look on manager hyung, I guess it was...

"Who amongst us?" Eunkwang hyung quickly asked.

Without speaking, manager hyung pointed at...me!

Now that I thought about it...nothing seemed to be wrong about me. I've been putting a lot of dedication into singing and songwriting and my 'Weekly Idol' appearances have been well received by the viewers.

But at last, it could only mean one thing...

"Ne CEO-nim?" I approached with caution.

"Jung Ilhoon sshi?" his voice unexpectedly was calm and collected. "I guess you don't have a schedule tomorrow morning right?"

"Well...there's practice for 'It's Okay'-" I began but was immediately cut off by him.

"It's not okay," he spoke which made me chuckle a little. "Tomorrow morning at 10am, meet me in my office. No buts."

"Oh...arasso CEO-nim," I replied. "But just wondering...is it just me seeing you?"