Chapter 8: It Hurts (Bomi & Ilhoon POV)

Chapter 8: It Hurts (Ilhoon & Bomi POV)

First Posted On: July 16th 2015

Last Updated On: July 16th 2015

~ ~ ~

(Ilhoon POV)

(~ One and a half months later ~)

I could not believe how exhilarating and strenuous promoting an album was until now. BTOB were still a rookie group, so we had a lot to learn along the way. Truly, the road to stardom and international fame was never going to be easy.

CUBE helped to arrange another repackaged version of our debut album, 'Born To Beat'. This 'Asia Special' version was meant to cater to fans outside of Korea. But it also meant recording new songs and MVs.

Among the new songs, was 'Irresistible Lips'. We already recorded the song, so all that was left was the MV. We had already started filming and preparation even during our 'Insane' promotions.

However, for myself, I had realised another change happened. Compared to pre-debut, I had become slightly less motivated and strengthened. And I knew full well, the reason why...

Since I lost the feeling of my bracelet on my left wrist, I felt like a part of me had been missing ever since. Having worn it these past few years, for it to go missing, especially at our debut stage, was heart-wrenching in its own ways.

Which was weird because sometimes I did not know why I wore the bracelet in the first place. And yet...I was determined to find it...

"Ilhoon ah?" I was caught spacing out again by Changsub.

"Ne hyung?" I asked him as I came back to my senses.

"I was trying to tell you that we would be resuming filming for the MV now! Focus!" he told me.

I stood up and followed Changsub to the set.

"Look," he suddenly became firm. "I'm not trying to make you feel more down, but on behalf of the other members, please don't dwell too much over the loss of your bracelet...it might be affecting your performance in the group..."

"Hyung..." I explained. "I totally understand. But it REALLY is hard to just accept the fact that something I had since childhood is missing... But I will work hard nonetheless."

"Your personality changed noticeably..." Changsub went on. "I mean, what happened to the trainee Ilhoon?"

Yeah...what happened to me just four years ago? Haiz...

But fortunately, together with the members, I did manage to focus on nailing the perfect MV performance. The whole shoot took not more than three hours.

"Well done all of you!" our manager congratulated us. I could not agree more with him. As had become custom with the group, we agreed to watch the MV on its release date.

"Now then, it was a perfectly-executed shoot," Minhyuk patted all the member's shoulders. "Eunkwang hyung, shall we go back to our dorm? Let's order chicken too~!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Eunkwang smiled. "Minhyuk you pay then!"

Including manager hyung, we all laughed at Eunkwang's comment. I mean, Minhyuk pouted initially, but even he could not hide his laughter.

As the members began taking orders, I suddenly did not feel hungry. Admittedly, fried chicken was a favourite snack of mine, but I was just not having the stomach for it at that moment.

"Hyungs...Sungjae ah," I told them. "Why don't you head back first? I want to go back to CUBE...to do some...err...songwriting."

Well...a half-truth to that...