XXIX

After a three-day stay, the extra day was just in case, I was able to go home with Nico. No one knows about me waking up and I decided to surprise the group at the Grand Prix today. With much resistance from Nico saying I need to rest, I convinced him to let me go. 

Of course, everything I do has to be dramatic so if Lewis was to win this Grand Prix, I would get to present the trophy to Lewis. Apparently Mick would be there too, so I can kill two birds with one stone. 

We managed to get in unnoticed which was quite the feat. I had to dress up a bit in case I was presenting so I was in light blue jeans, black thigh high heeled boots, and one of Mick's team's heavy jackets due to the chilly weather. Totally didn't look like I just woke up from a five-week sleep five days ago. Oh, and of course a matching mask. 

The two of us came in halfway through the race when everyone would be paying attention and were taken to a room that could get us to the podium without being noticed. 

"Are you nervous?" Nico asked. 

"Yes!" I exclaimed. 

As expected Lewis one the race resulting in me screaming while jumping around, something Nico made sure to get a video of. I could tell on the inside he was happy for Lewis even though he wouldn't dare say it. 

Soon we were taken to the podium and I caught a glimpse of Daniel, then max, and finally Lewis. Mick walked forward with one of his father's helmets and I watched them exchange pleasantries before Mick moved to go off the stage, but an official made him stay. 

"Have fun," Nico whispered as I grabbed the first place trophy and walked out onto the podium, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. 

Lewis didn't recognize me at first as he took the trophy from me, but when his eyes met mine he froze.  The trophy slipped from his hands as he rushed forward to wrap me in a hug while tears poured down his face. My arms wrapped around him as well, but a bit weaker as I haven't gotten all my strength back. 

Lewis let me go because he knew Mick probably wanted to give me a hug as well. Turning to Mick he was on his knees with his head buried in his hands. I knelt down to his level and kissed the top of his head. 

"It's okay Mick," I whispered as let him go. He stood to my level and I wiped away his tears. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"You're stuck with me in till a ripe old age." I chuckled and Mick raised his brows with a smile. 

"Is that so?" 

"It is, Mr. Schumacher." 

Mick's smile got wider. "Thank will you be Mrs. Schumacher, officially?" 

I felt my heart flutter. "Are you asking me to marry you?" 

Mick held my hands while getting down on one knee and around the podium, it got dead silent. "Stella Hamilton, from the moment I met you, I knew you would take me on a whirlwind of adventures. That proved true after we got in our near-fatal accident only fifteen minutes after meeting. After deciding to never cross paths, our paths kept crossing and I gained a close friend. Suddenly I felt myself falling headfirst into the crazy little thing called love. I'll admit you intimidated me back then and you still do sometimes, but I also learned you are one of the most amazing people in my life. I know I haven't been the most present person, especially when you were fighting for your life and I know, you know that I'll never be the most present person, but I promise that when I'm there, I'm yours and yours alone. So, Stella Hamilton will you marry me?" 

"Yes!" I exclaimed. 

Mick slid a huge radian cut diamond ring on my finger before jumping up to give me a hug and kiss. I felt like I was going to explode from happiness. 

"Will you tell me what you are going to name the Company now?" Mick asked randomly as we walked off the podium. 

"Why do you ask?" 

"My guess is you are waiting to change the name to something permanent, something like S.M.S & Co. Haute Couture," he replied. 

Pausing mid-step, I turned to look at a smiling Mick. "Mr. Schumacher, did you just come up with the new name for my company?" 

Mick's smile slowly turned into a smirk. "I believe I did Mrs. Schumacher, I believe I did." 

I kissed his cheek once more before I was bombarded with the rest of the closer drivers. Starting with Lando who forgot all covid rules and wrapped me in the highest hug, I'd received all day. My eyes flicked up to Mick, who sent me a smile before heading over to the Ferarri garage to talk with Sebastian which I was happy about. 

"Are you good?" Lando asked carefully. 

"I'm all good." I chuckled. 

"You mean...forever?" 

"Forever." 

Lando let out a cheer before Daniel and Max both came to give me big hugs. Daniel's smiled was all I needed to brighten up the day even more than it already was. A few other drivers gave me well-wishes while I continued talking to my friends. 

Of course press conference came and the drivers have pulled away and I went to the Ferrari garage to find Mick. I found him still speaking with Mick as I slid beside them. 

"Congratulations!" Sebastian exclaimed before giving me a gentle hug and also taking a peek at my engagement ring. 

"Thank you, Seb!" 

"Gosh, it was just yesterday when the two of you were meeting. Though I must say, I haven't seen Stella at two many F2 races." Seb pointed out. 

I shook my head. "I truly would've loved to go, but with the surgery and this is just a big season for Lewis, I didn't want to rock the boat too much. Although, it will be nice to have an F2 champion for a Husband." 

Sebastian whistled at my statement causing Mick to blush slightly. "I've yet to meet the famous Callum Ilott," I said pointedly at Mick. 

He just shook his head and kissed the top of mine. "Seb, you've got to help me out, man."