XVI

I highly suggest if you are going into the business of fashion design, do not ever associate with F1 drivers. Yeah, they're super fun to be around, and what they do for a living is cool, but they cannot be on time, in the right outfit, etc. to save their lives. 

Hero has his interview in London, which I was supposed to be at right now, but of course, Lewis lost his suit, I have to get Max's suit to him, and Pierre and Charles got their suits mixed up. Lucky me deciding to get back in the world of Formula 1. 

Anyway, at the moment I am back in Paris working double time trying to get all of the final preparations done. 

"Hey, is that Hero?" Lewis asked, pointing up at the Tv. 

My heart dropped as I saw what was on the screen. It was Hero and Jo kissing each other in the interview and celebrity news outlets went crazy. The problem was I could see the conflict on his face, but he didn't pull away.

"It was only a matter of time," I muttered. "I'm never talking with him again." 

"Never liked him." Lewis said. 

"I figured." 

"You shouldn't let him get to you. You're Stella Blu Hamilton, now is the perfect time to rename and upgrade the company." Lewis advised. 

"I think I just might take your advice," I whispered. 

The rest of the afternoon flew by and Lewis left for my house to go get ready with some of the other drivers. My work for the day was done, and now I found myself alone again. With Nico and Elio on vacation in America for the final weeks of the year, I was left with nothing to do in till the Skywalker premier and then Christmas with the footballers. 

Everyone else I'm close with is in America and I don't feel like going over there just to get some company. The only other person, that I've never really hung out with, is Mick. The good thing about that is I own property near their house. I texted Lewis before hopping in my car and driving to the train station. 

During the train ride, I was able to finalize the design sketches for this coming season, start on the Mercedes uniform designs, and make plans for the company reimagining, as I like to call it. By the time I arrived in Switzerland, I felt somewhat of a weight lifted off my shoulders. All that was left, was the fact I got cheated on. Great. 

The platform was snowy as I stepped off of the train but quiet. The sun was barely just setting and inside that station Cafe, I met eyes with icy blue ones. The person got up and walked over to meet me. 

"Mick...what are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Saving you a scandal," he muttered grabbing my bags and pulling onto another train heading back in the direction of Paris. 

Then it hit me. I was to be presenting Lewis his award tonight. How could I be so stupid?  I turned my phone off, so now looking down at it, there are at least fifteen missed calls and numerous more texts from Lewis and Toto each. 

"Lewis?" I exclaimed through the phone. 

"Stella Hamilton, I'm going to kill you! Why the hell are you in Geneva!" he yelled. "God, you're lucky Mick was coming to Paris and I managed to contact him so he could intercept you before you left me stranded!" He huffed. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered. 

"I know you're going through a lot but know is the time you have to pull it together." 

"Warriors," I said. 

"Warriors." and with that, we hung up the phone. 

Mick looked up at me from across the table in our private compartment. "You are a pain, in my ass." he chuckled. 

"Consequence of knowing me." I chuckled. 

Mick surveyed me a little longer and the more time he looked, that sadder his face became. "You look tired," he whispered. 

I shrugged. "Nightmares tend to take a toll." 

"I know." 

"Mick, when I close my eyes all I can hear are your screams. Then the gasoline and burning smell. Your breathing and heartbeat keeping me from slipping away. All on repeat, so instead of reliving the nightmare I don't sleep." I explained. 

"Me too." 

"I just want to die." I cried as tears began to roll down my face. "For it to all stop. I have left my legacy and lasting mark in the world. What else, is there for me now to do before crash and burn?" 

"You don't mean that." Mick muttered. 

"I DO!" I cried. "Mick, I'm feeling like I'm drowning and no matter how hard I try, I can never make it to the surface." 

"Then let me help you...help you breathe again." 

I didn't answer Mick. Just stared out into the scenery all the way in till we arrived in Paris. Of course, Paparazzi was waiting for us, which made the situation even more worse. Mick raised his eyebrows while holding out his hand. 

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up to my feet.  I followed Mick out of the train and to the busy station. Lewis pulled up to the steps of the station in an SUV and we both scrambled inside before walking away. 

"Thank you," I muttered to Lewis. 

"No problem. Your clothes are in the back, so you better get changed" He replied. 

I looked back to the third row and there was my black silk mermaid, with heels and elbow high black gloves to match. Lewis also grabbed a suit that I made for Mick's awards earlier. I threw it over to Mick before sliding to the third row, where I could change and do makeup without the boys being able to see me. 

As I got dressed my phone started dinging with text messages from Hero, but all he received was a simple text saying it's over forever and that was that. 

"Alright, ready or not, here we go!" Lewis exclaimed as we arrived. 

Here goes nothing.