The Met Gala

*A Chapter in Honor of the 2022 Met Gala*

The rest of the season flew by quickly and the 2022 season was already started. Mick and I were apart more than we were together it felt with him always traveling and training, and when he would have broken it would seem I was busy at a studio, or premier, or some other event. We just seemed to keep missing each other. 

But right now, the biggest night of fashion was here and I couldn't be more excited. Mick, of course, couldn't attend because of training and whatnot, so I went with one of the faces of my company, Timothée Chalamet himself, which was going to break the internet. We would be showing up in outfits worthy of Bridgerton itself. 

At the moment Timothée and I were taking pictures in the hotel room and relaxing before we had to leave to walk up the famed stairs. 

"So...can I ask why you didn't keep your last name? It's pretty iconic," Timothée asked me and I shrugged. 

"There are more negative connotations I can think of over the reputation it holds," I whispered. "Plus I think it's only fair the Hamilton name stopped at Lewis." 

I chuckled thinking about the last met gala Lewis was at. It was funny because at that time i was pissed that I made him a design that he didn't end up wearing, but now in the grand scheme of things, that really was the smallest issue and I shouldn't have gotten worked up over something as small as a suit and who made the suit. 

There was a knock at the door and Elio walked in with a team giving us a final look over be ushering us to the elevator. 

"When we step out there will be every single paparazzi waiting for you two, tonight you are the moment. This year's Met Gala was made to be yours and everyone knows it." Elio exclaimed right before the doors opened and the yelling and camera flashing started. 

Timothée walked out first while shielding me from the cameras and people reaching out toward us and then helped me into the horse-drawn carriage to really get into the feel of the regency look as we rode through the streets of NYC from the Plaza to the Met I just took at the moment. I'd been going to the Met Gala since age 15, and this was my eighth one. If there is one even I won't miss, it is the Met Gala. 

"We are the moment," Timothée chuckled as we arrived and the cheers were thundering as people screamed our names. 

I did a once-over of our outfits, my gown was a deep purple color with silver accents and white lace, while Timothée regency suit was of matching colors. 

"Ready?" I asked as he stepped out to help me out of the carriage he nodded excitedly before offering me his arms and we stepped onto the carpet. 

All eyes were turned to us as we made our way up the stairs and posed along the way. We really were here just to have a good time and so far so good. The cheers and yelling didn't stop till we really made it all the way up to the interviews, but on the way, on the steps, we got the serious pictures of solos and together before we started clowning around and taking fun pictures as we reached the top. Emma Chamberlain was at the top excitedly waiting for us. 

"My gosh!" She exclaimed and we all laughed, "I would be lying if I wasn't scared out of my mind for you two. Both of you are iconic in your arts, and I just have so much admiration and respect for you! That being said Timothée this is your second Met Gala, and you are again dressed by Stella who has been eight times, what's that like?" 

Timothée laughed, "In all honestly it has been a lifesaver. Stella really just stays chill and relaxed, and while my nerves are all over the place she's just like an eye of a hurricane." he explained. 

"And I mean Timothée is just great to work with as well, especially since we've been friends for a few years now, Elio and I always enjoy getting him dressed for all his events."