VII

*A/N: For those of you who have read my other story, The Prancing Horse, you might realize there is a reoccurring them of injury. Five months ago, I was in a really bad horseback riding accident and had to be flown to the hospital. I was out for a week and when I woke up, I couldn't remember very much. I broke my left ankle and wrist. I think writing about an accident, helps me process what I went through more, so that's why there is a similar accident in both books. My bones have healed, but my memories are still kind of weird, it's hard to explain. It was pretty funny waking up and having to go through learning Sebastian was leaving Ferrari and Daniel was going to McLaren again! I was pretty bummed Tom Holland/Spiderman wasn't visiting the hospital,  but hey a teen girl can dream!* 

"Breaking news! Son of formula 1 legend, Mick Schumacher and Designer, Stella Hamilton severely injured after firery crash. Hit, by a drunk driver who was immediately killed upon impact, left the two drivers fighting for their lives on the side of the road, while they waited on a helicopter to take them to a nearby Hospital to stabilize them. When stabilized, they were moved to Paris where they are receiving round-the-clock care from doctors. When asked about the condition of the two, their head doctors both commented it is touch and go for now, but it isn't looking too good for them at the moment. That's all from now, of course, I will be covering this story twenty-four hours. Our hearts go out to the family of the victims!" 

"Touch and go, eh?" I chuckled to the doctor who gave me a serious look. 

"You have gone through cardiac arrest two times and I thought you weren't going to make it back the second. It is very touch and go, because to be straight with you there is a big chance you could still die." He explained. 

"Oh." 

"Now, do you remember anything?" He asked. 

"Screaming." 

"That would've been Mick when someone reset his bone." My doctor explained and I cringed. "Anything else?" 

"Um...not really no, but could I maybe see Mick?" I asked. 

"Well you're sharing a room with him." the doctor said, motioning to a bed probably six feet away from mine. "If that's all, I let you rest. I believe you'll have some guests arriving tonight. From what I hear it is over the normal gues count, but we'll allow just this once." he chuckled before leaving the room. 

When the doctor left, I turned back to watching the TV and I saw the car blowing up after we had been moved farther away from the car. We got really, really lucky. I tried watching for a little bit longer, but I got tired of people deciding if we were going to die or not. Right now, I'm not planning on letting a car crash be what took me out. 

"Stella!" I hear Mick yell after about an hour of watching Rush. 

 "What?" I questioned worriedly. 

I heard Mick let out a sigh. "Oh, it was a dream. I thought this time you died." 

"This time?" 

"Well, your heart stopped twice so....you've died two times already." He explained. 

"Touché." 

This was the first time I really talked with Mick. Either of us was usually being wheeled off for surgery or something, but for once we are actually stable enough to be left alone for 1-hour increments. If we made it through the night, we were in the clear, but if something went wrong...well there is only so much our bodies can take before they shut down. 

"Isn't nice not knowing, if we will live or die," Mick stated. 

I was taken aback by his statement, but then I just started laughing. Mick, joined in with my later and we laughed until tears ran down our faces and we could hardly breathe. 

"I need to do something!" I exclaimed suddenly reaching for the phone on the bedside table and dialed Maximillian's number. 

"Hello?" 

"Maximillian, it's me back from the dead. Listen up, I quit!" I snapped. 

"Why?" He exclaimed. 

"I have died twice already and it's put things in perspective for me. I'm doing stuff my own way. The next time I get a call from you, you should be telling me there is an international level threat and only I can fix. Thank you for my training and your secrets are safe with me, goodbye." I said and hung up with a smile on my face.

"Hello you two, there are a few people here to see you!" a nurse said before voices could be heard from the hall. 

Soon, Lewis, Nico R., Valtteri, Charles, Lando, Carlos, Sebastian, Kimi, Max, and Pierre were filled in our room. Along with them was Mick's mom and sister. They all looked extremely stressed and tired, causing me to feel a little guilty. 

As my eyes moved over to Lewis I saw they were pink with tear tracks along his cheeks. He and Nico were holding onto each other for support, while they tried to stay strong for us. 

"You all are the family of Mr. Schumacher and Ms. Hamilton." our doctors asked and the whole group nodded. 

"Well, Mick suffered fractures in his right ankle and multiple spots on his right arm, along with a severe concussion and injury to his spinal cord. Stella, suffered a fraction in her left wrist and ankly. She had a brain bleed and the surgery was successful, but she had post-op complications." the first doctor said. 

"Post-op complications? What does than mean?" Lewis whispered. 

"It seems Stella has developed post-traumatic epilepsy. She seems to be reacting well to medication she's on, so that's really all we can do for now. As for Mick, when he has healed he may return to racing, but with the warning that a severe accident could make it his last race. I am sad to report, that Stella will need to be watched twenty four hours a day for the first two weeks while the medicine runs it course. After that she needs to be monitored in her sleep. A nurse will come in with a packet with detailed instructions." the second doctor explained. 

"Besides that, when can I get out of here?" I asked. 

"Ask me tomorrow and we'll see. You still have to make it through the night before you're in the clear. Other than that, please visit with your families." the first doctor said sadly before leaving the room. 

"To be honest with you guys," The second doctor said to our family and friends. "While it may seem like they are fine, I need you to understand that should Stella have a seizure to early on within the two week period, she might not wake up so I need whoever is with her to stay deligent with her meds. That's all for now." he added before following the other doctor leaving us staring at out shaken group. 

*9/21/20 Prancing Horse #2 in Lewis Hamilton Halo #4 in Lewis Hamilton