XLVI

The next morning when I woke up, Mick was still sleeping deeply on the couch, so I left a note and left for my favorite cafe. I drove in my Ferrari 488 Spider, which was a gift for my 18th in 2018 birthday from Lewis. Gosh, that was three years ago, and so much has changed since then. Anyway, it was one of my favorite presents, I've received. My first being Nico's WDC Trophy when I was 16. 

When I arrived at the Cafe, I gave the Valet my keys and walked to the outdoor seating area, where Nico was waiting for me. 

"Hello, Britney," I exclaimed while giving him a hug. "How's my favorite F1 driver?" 

He laughed out loud, "Don't let Mick hear you saying that." 

"Well, he's my husband so automatic favorite than you," I added. 

"Fair enough! Well, you wanted my advice on how to get Lewis to lower his price and I only have one suggestion...well two." Nico stated. "First, don't tell him why you're coming into Mercedes or gloss over it. Then, you'll have to give him something in exchange for his lower salary." 

Nico was right, no way Lewis would give up the money without getting something in return for it. He's neither that dumb nor naive. At some point, he'll figure out why I was brought on the Mercedes team. 

"How about 5% of yearly earnings from our company after taxes and all the deductions for building, materials, salaries, and everything else to keep it running and other investors getting their money," I asked. 

"How much is your revenue after all those deductions?" 

"350 million." 

"What the hell Stella!?! How much before deductions?" He exclaimed. 

"600 million, almost double Gucci!" I replied proudly. 

"So, that'll be 17,500,000 to Lewis and the rest goes to what since it's leftovers?" 

I chuckled, "It's mine, all 350 million of it, and that's just from the main Fashion House label, it doesn't include our other offshoots, custom designs, bridal, etc." I explained. "I think I bring in about 500 a year and after I became a resident of Monaco, I don't have high taxes." 

"Stella, I knew you were worth a few billion, but I didn't know you were that rich," Nico whispered. 

"Because I learned quickly how to invest and have my money do some of the work. I also have the Royal family keeping me on their payroll for the service I did for them along with Maximillian paying a few million to keep my loyalty. I've worked for high-tier movies, won awards, and have been paid to present and host a lot of things. I also know how to save money really well." 

Nico buried his head in his hands while shaking his head. "I've been a fool." he groaned. 

I shrugged as our food and drinks came to the table. "You know even Mick doesn't know how much I bring in. He doesn't want to know, and I'm not exactly sure I want him to know." 

"The money from Maximillian, who's is it?" 

I took a sip of my champagne, "If I told you that I would have to kill you, but I will say if it got out who the money was from it would probably lead to the Monarchy being dissolved from complete outrage from citizens and governments." 

He shook his head again, "Do you have any regrets?" 

"Non, Je ne regretted rien." I sang in my native language. "Everything I did was for a purpose, whether it be good or bad, is not up for me to decide." 

Nico grinned at me. We continued talking about lighter topics, my confessions now out in the open, exposed. The money I made, I made it was the blood, sweat, and tears on my own. Elio, runs our Charity and donates half of his 10% of the 350 million from the company to the Charity which funds an art school training the next fine arts professionals. From Fashion Design to Directing we have it all. 

Suddenly, my phone began ringing, "Hello?" 

"Goodmorning Angel!" Mick's voice exclaimed. 

"What's going on with you?" 

"Uhh...nothing much–" there was a loud crash in the background and gasps of horror. "Stella...you need to come home right now!" 

I jumped up from my seat and Nico threw a wad of money on the table as I hung up and jumped into my Ferrari. With Nico riding shotgun, I drove through the streets till we reached my apartment. 

We got in the elevator, nervously fidgeting and finally, we arrived at the top floor and took off running to my apartment. Mick opened the door and what I saw caused me to scream. 

On the ground laid a broken an Oscar, a pole position trophy, and two different WDC trophies. 

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!" I yelled at Mick, Charles, Lando, Pierre, and George. "Do you know what you did?" 

"It's not that bad..." Lando whispered, "Lewis has 98 other poles." 

I picked up the Pirelli trophy, "This was his first-ever." I whispered. "I was only eight years old and I guess you guys don't remember, but he publicly dedicated it to me. I usually keep it in Paris, but since I'll be spending most of my time in Monaco while waiting for the babies, I moved it because it means that much to me." 

"And that Oscar, it was Stella's first Oscar she won. Where I accompanied her to the awards because she was too scared to go by herself." Nico added with an edge of anger to his voice, as he picked up the broken trophy. 

I looked over to the first WDC Trophy on the floor. "That was number seven," I said and finally tears poured from my eyes. 

"Lewis's number seven?" Charles questioned. 

"It's my father's number seven. A gift he gave Stella when we got married. The other is Lewis's number seven which he gave to Stella because he's promised to dedicate every season to her because his sister, is the most important person in his life and he wants her to know, how much she means to him." Mick explained. 

I sighed heavily as I stared at some of the special trophies, "You all get to be the ones that have to explain to Lewis why his seventh broken and replace every single one of these trophies. I'll take care of the Oscars because I have to go to LA anyways before the GP and no more pregnant flying."