XIX

"Hey, Stella..." Mick whispered from across our private train compartment. 

"What's up?" 

"My father, well he's just changed a lot. Just roll with it." 

I reached across the table a squeezed Mick's hand. He gave me a sad smile while brushing his thumb over my knuckles. I felt for Mick, he's had to go through a lot and at a young age. I guess I met Michael and Mic a few months before the accident, so that's all I have to remember him by. 

Soon we arrived in Geneva and Mick drove us to his family's home. It had some of the most beautiful views that I'd ever seen, vast places that I could imagine riding my horse from sunrise to sunset. 

"Hello, darling!" Mick's mother exclaimed, giving me a warm hug. I tensed quickly and she noticed it but gave me a small squeeze. "You have a family here," she whispered before moving to hug Mick. 

I walked into the living room with floor to ceiling windows and I saw Mick's father sitting on the couch, watching the TV. 

"Hi, Mr. Schumacher," I said softly. 

He sent me a nod and patted the couch seat next to me. Not a word passed between us, not even a motion, yet I'd never felt more comfortable and more at home before in my life. Mick helped mom in the kitchen while Michael and I chuckled as we watched him get in a fight with one of the other drivers, in a videotaping of him. At some point the events of the last few days hit me and I grew exhausted. The last thing I remember is my head resting on something warm and soft. 

"Stella." a voice whispered. 

"Hmm?" 

"Wakey wakey," Mick whispered. I shot up from my sleeping position, while Mick chuckled at me. "I'm glad my father makes a nice pillow." Michael patted my shoulder with a resemblance of a smirk on his face before he was wheeled away to another room in the large house The rest of us moved to enjoy the delicious dinner that was set up. 

"So, Mick tells me you are a bit of a wild child in Hollywood." His mom inquired. 

I sent Mick a playful look. "You heard correctly. I picked up some bad habits in Paris when I was younger and instead of saying they were wrong, everyone just told me it was normal," I explained. 

"Oh darling, like I said this is now your home!" Corinna said to me. "And Mick you better make sure she feels at home!" 

"Mama!" Mick exclaimed. 

His mother sent me a playful look before we continued with our dinner. After dinner, Mick and I went for a walk in the snow, under the stars. The best part was the silence. All we could hear was the falling snow, our breathing, and footsteps.

"Oh, Mick look!" I whispered as a family of dear walked through the clearing. 

We watched them for a little longer before heading toward the house. 

"Think ten years from now, where do you see yourself?" Mick's mother asked me when we arrived back at the house. We were sitting in the living room with hot chocolate, in front of the fireplace to keep up warm. 

"It's the Austin Grand Prix and I'm sitting with Lewis watching the race. Watching a Multi World Champion secure yet another win. I run down to the Ferrari garage at the end of the race and hug the old fool who did it again." I said. 

"I assume the old fool is me." Mick chuckled. 

I looked up at Mick and winked at him. "Depends..." I trailed off. 

"Well, this girl is a keeper." Corinna chuckled. 

I winked at Mick, who chuckled at his mom and me. Not too long after I went to bed while Mick stayed with his mom and they talked for me. Little did I know their discussion would change my life forever 

****

The next two week, we spent in Geneva was total fun. I had never stayed in Switzerland for very long and Mick showed me all his favorites spots and restaurants to eat at. It actually gave me some inspiration for my next season.

The 18th rolled around quickly and it was time for us to fly to America. After saying goodbye to Mick's parents we were on our way to Los Angeles. We decided to fly commercial since I considered it safer than flying private. After getting stopped a million times throughout the airport, I was ready to screw the whole plan and get a private jet. 

Yet, we made it on our flight. The whole trip I was nauseous and experiencing some bad case of motion sickness, something that has never impacted me before. 

"Do I need to call a doctor when we arrive?" Mick asked when we were notified of our arrival over LAX. 

"N-no, I'll be fine," I muttered. I ran through all of the things that could be making me nauseous. I didn't eat anything funny, no weird smells, even though my period ended last week I––

"It can't be," I whispered thinking back to the night I spent with Mick in Paris, realizing we didn't use protection, but I'm on birth control... "Mick...we need to go to a drug store in the airport somewhere!" I exclaimed as the plane touched down. 

Thankfully first class got off first and Id ragged Mick through the airport trying to find a drugstore or something, and luckily I did. I purchased the pregnancy test and ran to a private one-person bathroom.

I watched in anticipation and when the verdict was in, I called the person I really needed right now. 

"Stella?" Lewis said. 

I opened my mouth, but a sob escaped. "Lewis, I'm pregnant with Mick Schumacher's child."