XXV

Today is the day. I've been waiting for this day all year. July 5th is upon us and it's race day! So far, I've been moving around with Lewis as he got ready for the return to racing. Mick and I haven't seen each other in a little bit, due to the fact I've been pulled in every direction possible. So, I am missing him a lot. 

"Good luck today, Lewis!  Be as safe as possible please, and I'll see you soon." I whispered to my brother before he got in his car. 

I mean, way to start off the season with a Bang. Sitting at the wall with Toto and the engineers had become one of my favorite routines during race day, giving me an inside view int what was happening in the car and on track. 

Lando getting his first podium! Lewis not even making it was my favorite part. I love my brother but sometimes I enjoy having him knocked off of his high horse. 

"Hey, Lewis," I said as he breezed past toward Toto. 

"Not one word." he fumed and I rolled my eyes. 

Suddenly, I smelled Mick's cologne. Looking around I couldn't find him and the world started to become fuzzy before it all turned to a black abyss. 

***

"Welcome back to the land of the living." Nico's chuckled. 

"Britney? What happened?" 

"You had a seizure a few days ago at the race. You've been in and out of sleep so I've been monitoring you, so your brother can keep racing." 

After getting a better look at my surrounding, I realized we were back in Geneva. Except, this wasn't my house, we were at Mick's. Not his parents, but his own actual home. 

"Why the heck are we here?" 

Nico smirked down at me. "Your boyfriend demanded that you be brought back here.  Apparently, the paparazzi doesn't know to look for you here, and neither doe Lewis." 

I rolled my eyes heavily before rolling out of Mick's bed. It's been about two months since I've actually seen Mick. Of course, we face time whenever we have free time, but that isn't the same as seeing each other like we were used to. 

After eating, showering, and changing into a pair of Mick's sweatpants and sweatshirt, Nico and I split ways. He went back home, while I decided to check on Lewis in Budapest before the small break, where I might see Mick.

So, here I am sitting in his trailer waiting for the complaining brother of mine to come in. Instead of a grumbling brother, I heard a happy brother and a woman's voice along with him, causing a bit of confusion. Since when was Lewis dating anyone and why was I not informed? 

"Who the heck is this?" I hissed as my eyes darted between my brother and the blonde woman. 

Instead of an answer, Lewis gave me a really big hug. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, the stress you drivers gave me when you all stayed caught up with me." I chuckled while sending him a reassuring look. That look quickly turned skeptical as I still didn't know how this woman was. 

"This is Angela," Lewis said finally. "She is my emotional support and tends to uplift my spirits." 

I retracted myself away from my brother as a small pang of hurt and disappointment ran through me. 

"Seriously, she's the best and like family," he added. 

Not going to lie, but that hurt. It's like Lewis is replacing me with Angela who I don't even know. Even like family? Does Lewis not realize how I feel about family. I mean for the stretch of time we didn't get along was horrible, and now he just wants some other person to waltz in and she's already family. 

"Why..why aren't you saying anything?" Lewis whispered. 

I rolled my eyes again. "I don't like being replaced, but fine. Have Angela call me the next time you want to leech off of me and get your free designer clothes." I yelled. "I'll even give her the family discount!" 

I watched his eyes widen as he realized where the outburst came from. "Stella...I'm not replacing you. No one could ever replace you, I just thought having support would be nice since you won't always be around." 

"What does that mean? Of course, I'll always be around!" 

Lewis grabbed me by the shoulders, looking directly into my eyes. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you truly believe that, especially with your condition. Your seizures are getting worse and more often. You might have Mick and everyone else fooled, but you cannot fool me." he exclaimed. 

"Lewis...." I whispered as I mulled over his words. "I don't want to die." 

Tears fell slowly down my face as I accepted that his statement was very real. My seizures were getting more frequent and worse. Now, I guess it's hit or miss. 

"Seriously Stella, this is not where you need to be. Mick has gone through so much and at such a young age...Stella, if you die I honest to God think it will break his heart." Lewis stated. 

Lewis wiped the tears from my eyes before wrapping me in another tight hug. 

"I don't want to die." I cried harder into his chest. 

It was as if we were transported back in time. I was just a small girl and Lewis was just my older brother. There was no divide, no rivalry and heavy competition, just Lewis and Stella. What should've been my childhood is now coming back to me. 

Except just when things were starting to look up, this had to happen. It's all my fault too. It was never supposed to turn out like this. My Nico was supposed to be alive yet he betrayed us. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with Mick. All I'm doing is bringing him more heartbreak. I need to see him. I don't find myself missing people often, but right now I have never missed someone more.