Chapter Thirteen

I froze in my seat,my gaze fixated at the direction where Mystery God disappeared into.

I cringed a little inside when I glanced at him approaching the table again,his eyes looked anywhere but at my direction.

It was him. My eyes confirmed.

The not-so-very nice man I mistakenly stepped on,in the elevator,at Alcaraz Empire.

Where were his....bodyguards?
The egoistic rich boy!

"...Right,princess?" Naveed's voice jolted me out of my swamped reverie.

"Sorry,what?" I asked,uncomfortably,when I realized tons of expectant eyes fixed on my.

"You wouldn't mind working with our company right?" He prompted.

Then I realized I had been included in the conversation while I was spacing out,for only God knows how long.
And what was Naveed thinking? Working at their company,as what? A coffee maker? What did he tell them? Where was I working before?

"Why,of course it would be a pleasure." I said dryly,with a smile.
The gentlemen smiled back fondly as Naveed kissed the side of my cheek.

"Mr.Alcaraz?" An elderly man called over the Mystery God's shoulder.
Alcaraz? As in,Alcaraz Empire,Alcaraz?

He cocked his head casually and gave the man a 'what now' stare.
Bloody hell. He was such an arrogant rich boy!

"They are ready for you sir,let the ceremony begin." The man said,with an almost shaky voice. No surprises there,Mystery God's brutal stare could shake even the strongest king.

Alcaraz gave the man a casual and dismissive nod as he rose on his feet,adjusted his well worn bespoke suit,and smiled at the gentlemen on our table before making his way over to the podium.

And just as he reached the crowd,heading for the podium,I glanced at the beautiful lady that whispered in His ear earlier, holding a mic.

He walked slowly and gracefully until he reached where she was standing.

She started singing his praises.

"And now I present to you,the living embodiment of classical brilliance,ladies and gentlemen,the very iconic Esteban Alcaraz of Alcaraz Empire."

The room roared in an astonishing applause as everyone stood to give the Mystery God a standing ovation.

Oh. Esteban Alcaraz of Alcaraz empire? Like,he owned that almighty building? He looked way too young.
I was spellbound.

And Naveed worked at the Alcaraz Empire?
It was then that I realized what a shit girlfriend I had been.

I only knew that he worked as a forensic manager,but never knew of which company!

Esteban Alcaraz? What an unusual name!

I returned my attention to the Mystery God.

He smiled that brief smile that never reached his eyes,ran his hand through his silky shining long hair,and then rested his hand on the podium. He began talking. His voice was deep and husky.

My God.
Young,rich,and clearly intelligent.
Oh how confusing!

Focus,Sarah.

After Mr.Alcaraz finished addressing the gathering,there was another sound applause as he He walked down the stage through the crowd and then disappeared.

I didnt know why,but my attention throughout that evening had been on him,monitoring his every move.

The rest of the evening went by swiftly.