Chapter-Forty

"I said NO! No,Es. No,and thats final!."
I loved the sound of Sarah's voice,every time except when She's being unrealistically stubborn.

I'd always been close to Her,but through the Three months we've spent as Husband and Wife,there is no denying that the bond had gotten stronger,thicker.

If I thought I couldn't live without her before,now Its not that I couldn't live without Her,its that after I cease to exist,I'll spend eternity in agonizing pain and hurt even when my breath ceased.

After our christmas vacation and the wedding in Greece,Sarah and I flew to Venice for honeymoon.
Simon wanted to follow but I insisted my wife and I deserved some time to ourselves,and I was right,even more so when I found out that Sarah was insatiable in bed. It ticked my fancy on Her even the more.

Her parents returned to Coastal Town,happy and contented,even happier when I promised them a visit for a week,together with Sarah.

My Parents,my sister and Her husband all flew back to Australia from Santorini,while Cathy,Simon,Maya,Jake and Josh flew back to New York.

I never thought it was possible for any soul to love another more than the way I loved Sarah ,but it appeared I was wrong. A soul can in fact,love harder. And it did,mine.

It was not the tourist and social feature of Venice that made me fall in love with my wife even harder,it was the genuine excitement in Her eyes as we explored.

Sarah was stunned,and it brought tears to my eyes to know that I could bring her that much happiness.

"Are you happy?" I asked Her one evening,as we got back to our hotel suit.

"Are you kidding? Very." She giggled. "I have the best husband in the world." She twirled her body in circles,playfully. "Best honeymoon,thank you."

Stunned at Her excitement,I felt the back of my eyes being stung with tears. Ridiculous,not now.

The mere thought of her rough start at life,the unfortunate calamities that had befallen her at a young age,I felt obliged to make her enjoy the world as much I could.

"Wait.. What is it? Was it something I said? Es.. I...I'm sorry." She stammered when She saw the tears in my eyes.

If I had fallen in love with Her even harder because of the excitement in her eyes,now I fell the hardest,there was something in the way She loved me that made me weak.
A broken girl still conjuring up the strength to lighten up my world.

My heart felt heavier.

"No..Its..." I attempted to speak,but even I was stunned at my broken voice.
'Shit. Get a grip,dude.' I mentally scolded myself.

The last thing I wanted,was to ruin our sweet evening.

I took her by the arm and led her to the recliner,with a puzzling look on her face she sat,I knelt before her and took both her hands, "What have I done to deserve you,angel?"

Now I couldn't stop the rebellion tear,it rolled down my cheek and I didn't bother wiping it off.
The earlier puzzling look on her face metamorphosed into that of deep affection,and I saw Her eye water, too.

"Es.." She said,almost in a whisper. She locked her eyes with mine for minutes and I mirrored her action also,holding hands,saying nothing.

"I love you." She finally uttered,sobbing. And at that point,I knew what She was thinking.

I took her in my arms and squeezed her to my chest.

"I love you beyond reasonable comprehension,angel."
And at that moment,I hated myself. Life was unfair,Sarah was thinking what I was thinking also,but before my time was up on earth,I'll make sure that She knew the purest and deepest type of love there is.