Chapter Nineteen

The morning lights creeped into my room,compelling me to stir mildly,I drew off the covers and sat up,running my hands around the bed searching for my phone,and then it hit me,I smashed it.
I had no phone,oh great.
I made a mental note to buy a phone after work.

I walked to the small living room of my apartment and searched the wall,looked around for anything that could give me an idea of what time it was,nothing.
Another mental note,wall clock.

I took my body back to my room,I didn't want to be late,I could have been late already for all I knew, so I quickly showered.

I wore tight black jeans and black tank top with a denim jacket,I threw my satchel around my shoulder. Closing the door to my flat,I walked through the worker's quarters and made to the mansion.

It had been three days since Jake and Maya were away to Coastal town,it took me a while to shake away the thought that Martha Wayne had passed on.
Images of the couple kept flashing through my eyes right from the minute I realized Martha was Jake's sister.
I felt so bad for him,and at that second,I made a third mental note to call him with the office line when I got to work.

Since Jake and Maya left,every night before bed I thought about my family,my mom,my dad and Judith.
I wondered how they were doing and if they were missing me.

I felt tears creeping in from the back of my eyes,approaching closer to the mansion,I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Uh-uhn,not today honey." I said to myself and walked upright,having a glance at Simon who was standing outside the mansion waiting for Mr. Alcaraz.... Well and I.
We rode to the Empire together since the day I moved in to the worker's quarters. Everyday I would sit in the front seat of one of the customary white cars. Mr. Alcaraz had a great passion for the color white,and having worked for him for a while then,I started to create an upsurge of admiration for the color also,it had such a cool and restful effect,and oh well,it sort of reminded me of Alcaraz anytime I saw it.

"What are u doing you idiot. Stop stop stop." The voices in my head shouted.

"Good morning Simon." I greeted as I passed through the door and into the foyer.

"Morning Sarah girl." I heard him answer after me.

Inside the mansion was empty,I felt a sense of relief wash through me. I wasn't late.

I sashayed to the kitchen and in a nano second,I was unto the coffee maker.
Making coffee for my boss,whom we were back to 'arrogant rich boy' with,by the way.

I moved my petite body around the kitchen,swaying my heavy hips around in my jean,whistling and humming.

Since after the Naveed incident,I never heard from him again,neither did I see him. Same with Brandy. I tried as much as I could to take my mind off them and I was impressed with myself at how quickly I was recovering.
To me,they had ceased to exist!

So also,I had grown a voracious appetite in the past days,and then it clicked to me,my period was due,and that justified my crazy cravings and moods,but that particular morning,I was in high spirits.

Taking the coffee jug off to pour in the mug,I felt my tummy turn,grunting. Hunger.
Weird,I never got hungry in the morning.
I made another mental note to get tiny bites after work.

"What song is that?" That voice creeped into my ears,sending awareness to every hair on my body. Goosebumps. What an effect my boss had on me.

'Will I ever get used to this?'