Chapter Forty-One

I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking.
I was a wrecking mess of a bunch of hormonal melodrama.
I had never experienced such rage,I never thought it was possible for one to get consumed in so much amount of rage.

My chest was burning with anger and anxiety and so many unnamed ungodly emotions.

"I'm getting rid of this baby J,I cant have it." I continued sobbing against Jake's chest,I could feel Maya's mild hand brushing against my shoulder sympathetically.

"Shh.. Baby girl..You will do no such thing." Jake said.

"Sarah you are just going through a phase of a strong hormonal wreck,its totally normal in some pregnancies. Everything will be fine,okay?" Maya said,but I kept on sobbing.

"Es called even before you arrived,are you ready to see Him?" Jake asked.

"No. No I'm not. I cant." I countered.

"Thats alright baby girl. He knows you are here and you are safe." Jake uttered.

I had made a huge mess with Esteban for the first time since I'd known Him. And I knew I had to have my nerves calmed before I could meet him again.

                          *****

After two hours of warm comfort from Jake and Maya,I felt relieved and suddenly at ease.
I started to rein in the fact that I was carrying a child,I wrapped both hands around my lower stomach and smiled,almost giggling but with tears in my eyes. "My baby."

Jake and Maya exchanged a tiring look and smiled,I smiled right back at them. "I'm sorry I'm such a homework. I'm sorry for my drama." I apologized.

"Congratulations baby girl." Jake said.
"Congrats Sarah. I'm so happy for you." Maya added.

"Thank you guys,I love you both so m..." My voice was beginning to break when Jake cut me off.

"Uh-uhn. Not another breakdown please,I think there's been enough of that already. Jheez." He teased,and I laughed.

I brought out my phone to call my Mom.
We talked everyday since they left for Coastal town.

I ignored Esteban's countless messages and dialed my mother's line;

"Hey baby." She answered excitedly,and I didn't let her say a word again.

"Mom I'm pregnant." I broke the news,and my mom screamed,I spoke to my dad and Judith and renewed my promise to visit within the week. I needed my family then more than ever.

I opened Esteban's voice messages one after the other;
"Baby listen,just please be safe alright? I understand that you need space,I wont come pestering you but please take care of you.......*deep inhalation* both of you."

"Muffin I..... *long pause* This is very difficult for me,I'm literally finding it hard to breathe,can you please come home? I beg you,Angel."

"Hey.. Baby,I miss you so much. Its been five hours but it feels like forever,please come back to me baby,lets work this out together,there is nothing we cant work out 'together',remember? Come on baby,come home."

A torrential amount of guilt washed over me as I drove back home.
'I'm coming home.'

                   *****************

When I entered the mansion,Esteban was sitting uneasily on the stairs,with his face resting on his hands,tapping his toes nervously.

I walked in slowly and when He sighted me,I saw his breath dropped in relief,I saw that He was obviously fighting the temptation to come at me rushing.

"Hey.." He said,getting up on his feet,He took cautious steps towards me.

"Hi." I said,dropping my satchel on the couch,before I walked to meet him.

I fell on His body and He caught me,hungrily embracing me like I'd just resurrected from death.

We stayed in that position for minutes before I broke the silence. "I'm so sorry,my love. I'm sorry for my hormonal breakdown,and for all the things that I said."

"Sshh... I understand. Its okay Muffin. You are here and You are safe,both of You. That is all that matters." He said.

I clung on tighter to Him and He held me tight like his life depended on it.

"Congratulations!" We said in unison,and immediately cracked up in laughter together also.

"I'm so happy. I cant wait to have our baby." I said.

He peeled off from my body and I dreaded the immediate feel of absence of our body contact,He kissed my forehead and Said, "Me too Angel. Come... I have something for you."

He dragged me upstairs into our room.
The room was invaded with shopping bags. Crazy.

He brought out a jewelry box and steered me toward the mirror,He opened the box and my eyes were assaulted my a sparkling pendant,He carefully placed in around my neck and pinned it.

I fingered it mildly,feeling the exquisite surface.
It had encrusted letters 'MUFFIN',with tiny moon and star beside it.

"Wow." I said,looking into the mirror. "Is this.."

"Yes." He cut me off. "18 carat,to be exact."

"My God,Es,Its overwhelming." I said,stunned by its beauty.

I turned and kissed Him. "Thank You so much,baby papa."

"Anything for you,baby mama."

I looked at His genuine smile,and thought about the pain I had caused Him earlier,as if it wasn't bad enough for Him.

"Why are you... So forgiving?" I asked,my eyes heavy with tears.

"No,not again. Enough of those tears. I cant have none of it." He said. "You deserve it all,my angel."

"You are a God sent,Es." I said. "I love you. I've ran out of ways to show you that."

"Trust me,you have shown me in the greatest way,there is." He said,resting His hands on my not-yet-portruding stomach.

"Now come on,lets go share the good news." He said,and I giggled with excitement.

It was the beginning of a new dawn,for Es,and for me.
For us.