Chapter Thirty-Five; The Awakening

"Sarah girl calm d--"
"WHERE IS ES?"
"Sarah Girl He is--"
"Where is He Si? Please No." I fell into Simon's huge arms beating his broad chest and broke into a sob,He caught me carefully.

I had asked him the same question over and over again,and I'd deliberately interrupted Him,somehow it felt to me like if He said it,it'll make it even more true.
I didn't wanna hear it.
Esteban was gone. And so was my whole happiness. I didn't know how but,I thought to myself; 'I'm gonna have to live with this pain forever.' 

"Sarah girl I---"
"Don't. Please don't say it Si,please don't..." I sobbed.

"Don't say what? Am I missing something?" It was that voice,but a weaker version of it.

The sound of His voice sent cold chills to every nerve in my body,and it felt as if I'd been dead for a long time and everything inside of me was brooding back to life.

In utter bewilderment,I raised and cocked my head to the direction of the sound,it felt like a dream,but it was real.

A nurse wearing green uniform with a nose-cap was pushing Esteban down the room in a wheelchair. Behind them was Dr. William.

In a swift move,I ran toward the door to get to Him but,For a second,I thought I wouldn't get to reach him,just like in the dream,but in a nanosecond I was kneeling before Es,to match his height.

Shocked,with a tear-smeared face,I wrapped my hands around Esteban's neck in a very uncomfortable hug.

"Es,Oh my God." I cried. "You're here." I felt the hot tears prickle down my cheeks while I held Es close.

"Easy,Miss Van Dan." Dr. Williams voice interrupted.

I loosened our body contact and held Es at arms length,to get a better view at his features.
It was real.

"Jesus Christ Muffin." He started. I took one brief glance in his eyes and I knew I was going to receive the biggest scold of my life.

I absentmindedly busied myself by wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

In an attempt to distract him,I said, "Es you are awake. My God,you have no idea how hard it's been for me." I cried.

"I think I have an idea." He said scornfully while he studied me intently.

"Alright,Lets get Him on bed now." Dr. William announced.

I watched happily and nervously as the nurse and Simon carefully put Esteban back on his bed,I couldn't stay a step away,I walked right close to him and sat by the bedside.

Suddenly,I heard the door to the room creaked and my eyes flew to the direction.

Esteban's mother was the first to run in,followed by His father and then finally his sister Margaret,and her husband Pedro.

I felt a sense of panic instantly wash through me. Esteban had no idea his parents and sister were in town. Given the weak condition of his relationship with his parents,I feared for how the encounter will turn out to be.
I swallowed hard as Esteban's eyes registered his family.

A moment of surprised and a bleak of happiness showed across his eyes,and in a second,his mother was holding him in her arms.

She maintained their position for minutes while she sobbed,saying nothing. Esteban managed to put a hand up around his mother's shoulder,and I felt a little relief.

His father held his other hand and Margaret had her hands around his face and all over through his hair. Her husband was standing beside Simon in the far end of the room.