Chapter Fourteen

The relentless buzzing of my phone forced me to lazily open my lids,grabbing it from under the pillow to glance at the caller,and once I saw who it was,I threw the phone to the other angle of the bed and drew my covers up,nuzzling my head under the pillow hoping to regain my sleep.

My attempt to do so what short lived as the phone started filling the room with stubborn sound again.

"Oh for fuck sake!" I cursed,forcefully yanking away my covers and dragging my body to the bathroom,giving the phone zero attention at all.

I lost my sleep and I was furious,thought I would sleep into the late afternoon since I had no work to go to.....
And no boyfriend to hang out with,at least for the time being.

I sat on the toilet and did my business,then moved over to the washing hand basin to brush my teeth.
I looked through the mirror and saw a pale,roughed up girl.
My hair was flown all over the place,my eyes still red and swollen from crying.

I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when I heard the phone shouting from across the room.

"Yeah,Keep on,playboy." I shouted through the toothpaste foam,causing it to splitter all around the mirror.

"Oops." I said to myself.
I had a problem with my boyfriend the previous night and I woke up hyper,not feeling worked up at all,and How I escaped hangover was beyond me,despite the number of glasses of wine I had at the party.

Touché.

I walked back into my room just right on time to hear the phone dancing and shouting all on its own,the idiot was not about giving me a break.

I took the phone and silenced it,and then made a dramatic move of yanking it into my bedside drawer,and I walked out of the room.

"Baby girl." Jake prompted,I was met with his handsome self halfway to the sitting room. "I was just coming to check on you,you good?"

"Jesus!" I shouted. Holding my hand up to my chest to stabilize my erratic breathing.

Jake regarded me worriedly,holding out his hands,I ignored his hands and fell into his chest.

"Hey...shush.. I'm sorry,I didnt mean to startle you." He said,smoothing the small of my back.

Even though it was morning and the apartment was not dark at all,I felt frightened,and fervently so too,for reason unknown to me.

Enough Weird things were happening that morning already.
No hangover.
Hyper.
Sensitivity.

"Its okay,Dont know why I got frightened. Just a little jumpy today." I said as I pulled away from his broad chest. He smelled of fresh water and cocoa.

"Breakfast?" He asked.

"Yes please." I groaned.

I sat on the couch and watched Jake as he disappeared into the kitchen area,reappearing a few moments later.

We sat on the rug and ate strawberries with chocolate,until we got our fill.

"So,what now?" Jake asked.

I turned my eyes to his tall frame,towering over me,and I wondered what he meant.. Work? Naveed? Or the rest of the day?
I chose to ignore all but the latter.

"I'll just be in bed,nothing planned" I stated flatly.

I thought I must have caught a wince on Jake's face,He knew I was deliberately avoiding anything related to Naveed,and from the look on his face,he was not about to excuse me like he did the previous night.