Chapter Thirty

"No Muffin,you are not going to meet her,no way, I'm not allowing that."
I had not felt anger so raw for a long time,and Sarah was keen on pushing me off the cliff at that very moment.

I avoided looking at her tiny figure,her beautiful big round eyes dancing with feminine naivety,she had been through a lot and yet,she was still as delicate as a breakable ceramic.

"I don't understand why you are trying to keep me apart from her,I mean,is there something you don't want me to find out,Es?" She said,probing my gaze.

As much as I tried to avoid eye contact,I couldn't. I looked into her eyes,with my body towering over her petite figure,she was standing on her feet,on the bed where she'd just woken up,I had only wanted to kiss her goodbye before heading to the Empire,but the drama queen was not going to let us have a drama-free morning.

She leaned in forward almost brushing against my body,the waves of her hair splatting somewhat against my face as she shook her head involuntarily in descriptive gestures as she talked.

I folded my arms against my chest as I examined her.

I swear I'd never seen anything more beautiful.

"What do you mean by that,Muffin?" I asked

"If you have nothing to hide from me,then you are going to let me go have lunch with Sophia." She said stubbornly.

"You are not going to do no such thing." I tried to keep my tone calm.

I knew who Sophia was,and allowing her to infect Sarah with her infidel and selfish manners was the last thing I'd ever do.

"You don't know her,Muffin,You have to trust me on this. She is dangerous."

"She is my friend!" She shouted.

"Sarah?" I warned,I felt my anger flare.

"My name is not Sarah,I'm Muffin. Don't you call me that,Es." She pointed her little index finger at me angrily.

With that statement,my anger disappeared and a loud laughter escaped me. I loosened my arms off my chest and reached to hold her at arms length. "You are the most adorable little thing I've ever seen,in my life."

She shot me angry glares and said nothing.
I moved in close to her and kissed her cheek. "Don't eat lunch,I'll be home early. We going to Boruc's." I said.

She remained stubbornly still,and with that,I returned my hands in the pockets of my suit pants and strolled off the room,hearing her mumble some unintelligible noises about me being bossy. I paid no mind.

Smiling,I walked downstairs and headed to the car where Simon was waiting for me.

Then we were off to the Empire.

* * * *

"Donatella came by." Simon said,on our way to the empire.

"And..?" I asked.

"And I told her you'd call when you got up. She insisted on seeing you,but I wasn't ready for any morning drama with Sarah girl." He said.

And I laughed. "Oh thank God. You saved me the second,ugh.  Sarah, jesus!" I said as I made a mental note to call Donatella later in the day.

"You don't say." Simon answered,and I watched as he drove off into the manhattan morning traffic with skillful professionalism.

Donatella was my high school best friend,we were very close and I watched and nursed her through several heartbreaks.

Her love life had been a rather unfortunate one to the extent that at a point,she contemplated being a lesbian.