Chapter Thirty-One

Esteban left the mansion when we were not in good terms.

After he left,I sat and thought about how good he has been to me,and I knew for damn sure that He'd never do anything to hurt me.

So I decided to have a bath,wear something nice and wait for him to take me out for lunch at Boruc's.

But there was something bothering me,I thought of discussing it with Maya and Jake but they'd only just gotten married,I didn't want to go dump my trash on them,as always.

It was about Es.

Since the day I met Es,up until the time we started a relationship,and I lost my baby,Naveed's baby,Es had never tried to become intimate,not to the extreme.

He'd kiss me so passionately and squeeze my waist,but that was just about it.

At first I thought it was because of the baby,then I lost it.

And then I started thinking He was giving me time to heal from the accident,but that had been months ago now,still nothing.

I hated how it made me feel,it made me feel insecure about myself,my body,my feminine appeal.

'Is it possible that he detest learners? Beginners?'

'Was he afraid I have some sort of an STD?'

'Or maybe he is only in love with the idea of me,and not necessarily attracted to me.'

These questions I asked myself over and over again.

It was mind bugging,and I had decided that at Boruc's,I'd talk to him about it.

I needed to know why he'd never attempted to know me intimately.

********

I called Es at noon and his lines were off.
I waited two more hours and I got really hungry.

"I'm just gonna go to the Empire,Cathy." I said.

"You silly girl. Can't stay without Estaban for a second,can you?" Same old dear Cathy,teased.

And I was off to the Empire.

*****

I passed through the lobby and went straight to elevators. There were a few people waiting at every car,so I went straight to the private elevator car and shoved in the access card Es gave me,I glanced at the lobbyist and he waved,I smiled back thinking about the first say I'd come to the Empire building.

A lot has happened that day.
The lobbyist had told me that I couldn't go through because I had no visiting tag,I had no booked appointment,and I snuck myself inside the elevator,where I first saw Es and Simon.

I smiled at the fond memories just in time,as the elevator doors opened and I was at Es' office's floor.

I said brief hellos to the many workers behind the many cubicles in the vast room,and I proceeded to Es' office.

Without knocking,I pushed in and walked right up to Esteban's desk,only to see that he was not on his desk.
He was on the couch.
Holding the model-looking blondie.
Just like last time.

I froze mid-step and looked very closely at their very intimate position,I looked over my shoulder to Simon who was standing beside Esteban's huge white desk,leaning slightly on it,arms folded.

I saw the look of horror in his eyes.
I shifted my gaze back to Esteban. He must have felt my intensive stare drill to his bones,because he started to fidget against the blond's body.