Chapter Twenty Four

I was thrown into a world of surprise and pleasure when Esteban kissed me in the cabin. It took me minutes to register what was really going on,and It was real.

I felt stupid for being surprised,It was obvious he cared for me,I did too,maybe more than 'care' for my boss,there was an obvious chemistry between us that was waiting to explode,and when he kissed me,the explosives started to tick off so fast I had the bomb squad on speed dial.

His non-reluctant behaviors towards taking care of me had become his habits in the last ten days. I'd have said since my birthday,but he'd been on and off like a chameleon back then,but the ten days we spent in Spain,He didn't take a minute off.

When Simon interrupted our little escapade to announce we had to get ready for landing,Es didn't look back at me,he stood up looking at everywhere but my position. When Simon left,I thought I heard Es curse under his breath,and his facade to avoid my gaze by all means necessary confirmed to me that He was embarrassed,and somewhat regretful. The thought stroke a stake through my heart.

"Come on,get back to your seat,and fasten your belt,Muffin." He ordered.

I did as I was bid and so did He,we sat opposite each other but Esteban made an uncomfortable case of staring blankly into the window,all in attempts to avoid my gaze.

I sat calmly, a lot of things running through my mind,and then I remembered Jake and Maya were there at the airport to get me,I smiled.

We landed swiftly and Esteban rose to his feet immediately,leaving me behind. I followed his long strides with my eyes,He stopped when He got to Simon's seat and said something to Him,then Simon approached. "Get up,Sarah girl. We are home." He announced.

I felt a sense of happiness wash through me,then I remembered My boss' attitude,it hit me hard that maybe the carefree,attentive and sweet Esteban I saw for the last Ten days only existed outside New York,and then we were back,the authoritative,Chameleon,arrogant rich boy was back.

Why did he kiss me? And then he was angry about it? Was it my fault? So fed up with Him.

I followed Si down the plane and walked a little when I spotted Jake,Maya and Vina waving. I sprinted to Jake and fell in his arms. "Easy there. Baby girl,I've missed you." He said,kissing my hair.

"Missed you more J." I answered,pulling out of him. I hugged Maya equally and she kissed my cheek.

"Welcome home,Darling." She said.

"Maya,I've missed you. Thank you." I answered. Then I lowered my height a little to match Vina's.

"Hey buddy. You good?" I pulled her cheek,she replied me with a heart warming smile accompanied by hug.

I'd missed them a lot,they were my family.

I didn't catch a glance of Esteban anywhere around. Simon brought down my luggages and asked where I was headed,Jake's or Alcaraz quarters,I told him I was going to Jake's,I had missed them,and then reality hit me hard that I had a decision to make,that would require a lot of support from Family,I needed them,and so we headed back to Jake's apartment.

The night was spent in a somewhat happy chit-chat. I told Jake and Maya all about Spain,how caring and kind Esteban had been,I thought I should have told them how close we were getting,but then I remembered Esteban's reaction to our brief intimacy,and then I shoved and swept it off under the rug.

Jake and Maya both tried and succeeded at avoiding anything pregnancy-related,They were giving me time to become more comfortable with the topic,and I decided that night wasn't the time.