Chapter Twenty Six; The beginning of the End for me.

I had spent months trying to avoid thinking about my situation,I'd succeeded,until that moment when I knew I had to give in,to my fear,my hurt and pain.

To the outside world,I was a powerful and influential business tycoon who had a lot of manipulations at his disposal,but to the real world within,I was a timeless victim of an unfortunate circumstance,In the world of my pain and hurt,I was immortal.

Knowing my condition,I had done an absolute great job of keeping all my loved ones at arms length,I thought it was best for everyone not to get too attached to something so temporary,I had planned on living in the moment,and ignoring what was to become of me,until it did......

But the moment Sarah came into my life,I knew I was doomed to fail on my vow to stay away and not get attached to people.

It was something about the way she walked that made the world look different for me,It was something about the way her eyes looked so innocent and subtle,it was something about the way she conducted herself,it was everything about Sarah. She had me under siege.

The moment I set my eyes on her,I knew I should stay away,but I couldn't.
I had tried all approaches,but everything she did appealed to me.

Everything got even more complicated after I heard her story,my heart broke into a million pieces for her.
The night Sarah told me about her parents and what they had planned on doing to her,I felt like taking her into my arms,into my life and making her mine forever,and then it hit me,I didn't have 'forever' to give to her. If anything,getting close to her was a thunderbolt of an emotional wreck,waiting to happen,If I did.

The final nail on the coffin was hit when the doctor confirmed that she was with a child,another man's child,a man who had betrayed her and was no longer in her life.

For a girl her age,She had gone through more than enough.

I literally put a 'stop' to my life in attempt to get her out of my head and out of my system,I failed woefully.

I shouldn't have kissed her. Oh God, She felt so divine. I shouldn't have.

Since everything I planned out had gotten strategically thwarted,I had decided to come to terms with the fact that I had to face Sarah,place her in my life,and prepare her for the final hit,It was never my intention to get her in a place where she'll eventually get emotionally wrecked,but I had to have her in my life,and I couldn't afford otherwise.

I shifted a little in our position,I was holding Sarah to my chest,I couldn't see her face,but she was crying,and I too couldn't stop the rebellion tears that were running down my cheeks.

I tried to pull back the tears,but my emotions betrayed me,leaving me a hot mess.

But if Sarah was going to hear it all,She was going to need some strength,and I couldn't give it to her like that,so I braced myself,like a man.

Wiping off my face with the back of my hand,I literally felt my heart hurt at and tremble at the thought of what was to come,but I had to stay strong,for Sarah,I had to stay strong.

When I asked if she was ready to hear it all,there was an urgency in her voice that gnawed into my nerves and left me uneasy.

My gaze drifted to the window,and I looked down on the streets,it was a beautiful day.
And then I shifted my gaze back to Sarah.

It was time.

"Muffin..." I started,gently pulling her off my chest and probing her gaze. "...I'm going to need you to listen attentively and most importantly,I'm going to need you to stay strong."