Chapter Seven

Jake and Maya helped me set up the phone.
I went into my room smiling sheepishly as I dialed Naveed's number.

I held the phone to my ear waiting for him to answer. It rang and he answered at the second ring.

"Hello,Beautiful." He said,his voice was thinner over the phone.
"You good?" He added.

Naveed always talked too much,he wouldn't even let me chip in a sentence before he asks again.
"Like your new phone?" He said,again.
Ugh!

"Ah...yes. I love it,you didn't have to go through the trouble though." I said,and immediately regretted saying it as I sounded ungrateful.
"You call walking into a phone store,picking it up in five seconds,shoving a card through the machine and registering a receipt,trouble?." He paused.
"You know what trouble is?" He asked.

"Uh-uhn.." I nodded,as if he could see me.

"Going through five hours without hearing from you,My God I couldn't even focus." He teased.

"Thank you very much,I appreciate it."

"Dont mention,please." He said.

"Could we text,Princess? I..I gotta go."

I heard in-comprehensive chattering sounds in the background.
"Sure,okay." I replied. "Take care okay.?"

"You too Princess."
The line went dead.

   I held the phone in my hand,I was excited,you know? Owning a new device.
I laid in my bed and browsed through the phone,making myself acquainted with the applications and features.

Then I remembered to text Naveed. I was already getting sleepy.
I went to the 'message' icon and started to type,then I realized there was already a text from Him.

"I miss you,Princess."
I smiled,and replied;
"Focus on work,now."
A few seconds later he replied;
"Cant wait to see you tomorrow. Time?"
I smiled and replied;
"My shift is at 12pm to 4pm. Anytime from."
Naveed replied,my eyes were heavy and salty already.
"I really cant wait,babe."
My eyes were shutting when I managed to type;
"Sleepy,Goodnight."

   I woke up around ten a.m. It was on Friday,Jake and Maya were out already.
I loved afternoon shifts,I got to sleep through the gnawing morning light.
I showered and fixed breakfast,I sat to eat when I remembered I had a phone. I gasped and hurriedly rushed to the room,it was laying there on my bed. I picked it up and on the screen was a notification of Naveed's text;
"Good morning,Sunshine. Looking forward to seeing you."
I smiled and replied;
"Good morning,Prince Charming. Have a good day ahead."
I ate and lazied around the house,browsing through the TV and through my new phone. I couldnt wait to show Brandy and tell her about the expensive romantic gesture.

I left home at exactly eleven thirty and walked to Jerry's in full flow and I thought about Naveed all the way through.

When I entered the shop,I met Brandy in the staff changing room.

"Bran,guess what?" I said clapping my hands together,jumping a little in excitement. Turning back to look at me,Brandy shot me a tell-me-now-bitch glare.

"What?? Do tell." She couldn't wait.

I brought out my new device from the back pocket of my jeans,as Brandy followed the act quizzically with her eyes.

"HOLY CRAP." she shouted,snatching the phone from my hand. She held it and looked up at me with a gaping mouth.

"Prince charming?" She asked.