Chapter Thirty- Two

I was in a rage.
I was in a towering rage. Every nerve in my body was trembling at forty to the dozen.

I was temperamental,and that put me at a distinct disadvantage when dealing with strong-headed creatures,like Sarah.

After the little mix up in my office the previous day,she ran off and hadn't returned home.

When I went back to the mansion and she wasn't there,I felt certain she'd be at Jake's.

After a few hours of trying to call her cell all to no avail,I went straight to Jake's apartment.

I felt my nerves freeze when Jake announced that he hadn't seen her.

Where was she?
Was she in some kind of danger?
Had she met some Manhattan lowlife hoodlums who've fallen foul of manners?

My mind tortured me with those thoughts.
For hours.

I hadn't had a wink of sleep,I didn't know what to think,I didn't know what to do anymore.

Sarah had no single relative in New York apart from Jake.

Where could she be?

I left her several voicemails,and I held my cell phone right in my hand for when she calls.

She never did.

In the morning around Eleven,Simon and I went to the technology and forensics department of the Alcaraz Empire.

"If we should be able to trace her cell,then you're gonna have to get her to pick you call first,and hold her on for at least fifteen seconds." Fernando said.

"Is there no way her cell could be traced when it's switched off?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not,Sir." He answered.

"Maybe you should try calling her now?" Simon intervened.

And I did.
Switched off.

"This is fucking insane. Why does she have to be so stubbornly dramatic? I'm gonna have her injected with a tracking gps chip,I swear it." I cussed,running my hand through my long blond hair.

I didn't even want to look in a mirror.
I knew I looked terrible,on a Sunday morning,without having a bath or a wink of sleep for over twenty four hours.

I strolled a little around Fernando's office and walked over to his mini bar.

I poured myself a Brazilian scotch,raising to my mouth,I downed the lot in a single gulp.

I was still tensed.
It was then that I realized it'd take more than just scotch to calm me down.

"Do you think we should start looking in hospitals? Maybe She....." I stopped,unable to complete the sentence. "Some sort of accident or..."

"You bastard. It's bad to see that the situation has tampered with your cynicism. You cant think that way. Not yet. She'll call." Simon cut in.

His confidence was assuring,in a soothing way.

"I just set up an alarm connected with her number,It'll alert us the minute her phone comes up." Fernando said,rummaging through his computer.

Half relieved,I attempted to sit on Fernando's couch.
I hard barely gotten my butt on the leather when Fernando said

"Its on. Call her now!"

And I rushed toward the computer desk,dialing Sarah's number. "Come on baby,pick up. Please."

No answer.
I dialed again and on the third ring,she answered.
I heaved a huge sigh of relief,indicating with my other hand for Fernando to start tracing.