Chapter Seventeen

Two weeks had gone by and everything was going as I'd hoped.
I was keeping up to my abilities with Mr. Alcaraz.
Cathy and I chatted when we had free time.
I slept over at Jake's apartment over the weekends.
I visited Brandy midweek,at nights.
But Naveed was totally swapped with someone else,My Naveed became distant and so 'busy'. It hurt,but I gave him the space to 'work' when He asked for it.

I woke up feeling a little over the weather,I walked out of my flat and was immediately greeted by the smell of fish.
Someone in the quarters was cooking/frying/grilling fish.
I screwed up my face in disgust and went back in.

I checked the time and discovered it was eleven in the night.
On a Friday night,when lively people were out having fun,I was in bed sleeping.

I made a cup of coffee and went out to the porch,I sat on the swing and watched the skies.

I was bored and Naveed was out of town,went to Philadelphia to be with his mom.
I thought of going to Brandy's but then I remembered it was Friday night. The jiggy lady was definitely out,clubbing with strangers probably.

My thoughts were interrupted by the figure I saw illuminating from the far distance,becoming clearer by each step they took.

Suddenly,I felt that feeling of gushiness and apprehension.
As he walked closer,his face came into a clearer view. He wore casual white linen shirt with white shorts above his knee,complemented by white palms.
He folded the sleeves of his shirt up,and shoved one hand in his shorts pocket,and the other was holding a cup.

He walked gracefully,stopping occasionally to observe a few things.

He walked closer and my eyes were fixated on his beautiful physique.
The way he carried himself was shouting 'power'.

When he got to my flat,he stopped and observed a few things at the frontage,not noticing my presence or choosing to ignore it,I wouldn't be surprised if the latter was the case.

'What an arrogant man. God.' I thought in my head.

As if he heard what was in my head,he abruptly cocked his head to the side and spotted me,my body immediately registered his ever-burning gaze and my nerve endings immediately fidgeted,I sat upright.

I reacted automatically to his presence,always.

He smiled and raised his cup in greeting.
I waved a hand and smiled back,but I was not sure he caught it,because he walked away as quickly as he'd walked by.

I dropped my hand and sat up.
Feeling dizzy and disoriented,I turned in.

**********

In the morning,I woke up to a few missed calls from Jake,none from Naveed.

Hmmmm

I showered and called Jake back,he asked to go have lunch with Maya at three.
It was on a Saturday and I planned on spending the day with Brandy,and Well then the night with Maya and Jake,but the planned Changed reversely,with Jake's invitation.
I'd spend the day with Maya and Jake,then go visit Brandy later,sleepover maybe.
So I lazied around the flat until it was two p.m.
I showered and headed out.

***********

Jake and Maya were seated at a secluded table in Chimney's.
I walked closer and then I spotted Vina.

"Oh my angel." I rushed over and opened my arms as she jumped in.

"Sarah." She said excitedly.
I hadn't seen Vina in a while and until then had I realized how much I'd missed her.