Chapter Sixteen

"I'm so happy for you baby girl". Jake said happily.

"Me too,you're one lucky girl." Maya added.

"Thanks guys." I said,my words muffled through a yawn.
It had been an exhausting day,but I loved my first day at work,even though working for arrogant rich boy would take some getting used to.

'You will make me a coffee'
'You will take these files to third floor'
'You will get me muffins'.

Dictator.

I said goodnight to Maya and Jake and I turned in.

I sat on my bed and dialed Naveed's number,I'd called him when I got home but there was no answer.

He was acting so strange and it made me feel edgy.
I knew his mom was sick,but unless things had gotten worse,which i'm totally not hoping,He should have had a second for his phone.

I left him paragraphs of messages on how the interview went and how I 'coincidentally' got the work as a gofer,at Alcaraz Empire.

After a brief shower,I threw my body in a pair of boy shorts and a tank top,and I crashed hard,it was going to be a long day after dawn.

*********

I woke up to full light of morning,and panic ran from my toes to the follicles of my hair.

I had set an alarm for seven because arrogant rich boy had told me that he took coffee at eight thirty every morning in his apartment before he went to work at nine thirty.

'I dont miss my morning coffee,muffin,i never do'. His words replayed in my head.

Luckily,he lived six minutes away,but I was still late. I felt certain I'd wake up but I slept right through my alarm.

"Oh no no no". I stumbled from bed and rolled to the bathroom when I glanced at the clock and it said Ten minutes after Eight.

I had a brief shower,applying no gel on my body and no shampoo on my hair.

I ruffled through my wardrobe and yanked on a pair of brown jeans and white chiffon top.
I grabbed my satchel and dropped my phone in it,briefly brushing my hair and holding it up in a messy bun.

I rushed out.

Mass of fresh air greeted me as I made way for the bus stop.
My lucky star was shining,a bus pulled over just when I got there. I jumped on,nervously checking the time as we moved.

At exactly Eight thirty two,I was in the Alcaraz mansion,estate,rather.

The security gates gave way to a pass when I shoved in the card I got from my boss on my first day.

I ran through the streets until I got to the main mansion.
It was all easy to venture into the estate because I was given an online tour by Mr. Alcaraz.

I was in awe of the building,but I knew I had no time to stare and admire,that was a job for another day.

I got into the apartment and ran across the spacious lobby,and into the kitchen.

It was all silent,no sign of movement.
I dropped my satchel on the worktop and tiptoed to the cupboard,I opened half a dozen drawers,looking for the coffee and sugar.

My body was stilled when I turned and faced the dining table,which was situated at a secluded part of the kitchen.

He was sitting on a dinning chair,facing me,with one leg put on the other,and his hands folded to his chest.