xiv

I was now growing accustomed to life at Hogwarts. A couple of weeks had passed since the party and everything around me seemed to be fall into place, academically speaking. I now knew my way around the castle pretty well thanks to Fred and George's kindness. I grew closer to Lizzie and Alicia and it was safe to say that we were inseparable. I also became quite close with Cedric, considering that we were study buddies and we had the majority of our classes together. Usually  after curfew, I would join Fred and George in a midnight adventure; wether that would be sneaking through the school's secret passageways or sneaking into the Forbidden Forest for a nighttime stroll.

All of the professors were giving loads of homework which took the majority of my free time to get through. In Charms we were studying the Bubble-Head Charm, in Astronomy we had to fill in a star chart weekly, in D.A.D.A we were practicing how to resist the Imperius Curse. Herbology became one of my favorite classes since it was one of the three that I shared with Fred. Professor Sprout wasn't as strict as Professor Flitwick or Moody so she didn't mind chatter when we were handling the different kinds of plants. Potions class was always a drag. It was one of my favorite subjects but Professor Snape was simply an impossible person to be around with. He was always punishing anyone who wasn't a Slytherin and liked to set detentions for silly things. Transfiguration was always an enjoyable class on the other hand. Even though Professor McGonagall was very strict, she always found a way to make her classes interesting. George, Lee, Lizzie and I were always sitting together during her class, we practiced Human Transfiguration on each other and usually did our homework together. In Muggle Studies we were now learning about the internet and computers which I found completely fascinating.

*****

"TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG
WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY 30TH OF OCTOBER. LESSONS WILL END HALF AN HOUR EARLY
STUDENTS WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST."

"It's only a week away! This is awesome!", said Lee after Alicia finished reading the announcement in the entrance hall. "We need to get a start on the ageing potion gentlemen" George said to Fred and Lee while they were walking back to Common Room. "The thing is, none of us take potions so we might need some extra hands" Fred said pointing to Madeleine who was walking ahead with Alicia and Lizzie. "Do you reckon Frenchie will help us Freddie?" asked George. "There's only a way to find out" he said.

"OI! FRENCHIE!" Fred yelled. Madeleine stopped on her tracks and told the girls to not wait for her. "How come you are so loud all the time" she chuckled as the twins and Lee caught up with her. "We need your help you see–" George began. "As you know by now we want to enter the tournament, thing is we need help with how we're gonna enter–" Fred continued. "So since you're taking potions we were wondering if you could help us with an Ageing Potion." finished George. The three boys were giving her their best puppy eyes when she looked at them in disbelieve.

"You do realize that it's not gonna work right? Dumbledore's a genius and his magic is way too powerful to be fooled by something as pathetic as an Ageing Potion" the blonde scoffed at the three boys. "Come on Frenchie believe me when I tell you that it will work!" Fred said putting his arm around her shoulders. "Fine, I'll help you even though it's not going to work. But the real question is, what's in it for me?" she looked over at the three boys who were smirking. "We'll do your homework for a month" said Lee. "No thanks, I prefer doing homework myself. But I wouldn't mind having a couple of bottles of fire whiskey from your secret stash" Madeleine smirked as the three boys looked at her in utter shock. "Deal" the three said in unison. "Oh and you will have to get me the ingredients for me" she said walking away from them.