19. recovery

sniffling i wipe away my tears and stand up "y/n?" turning around to see shikamaru looking at me, i take in a deep breath before speaking up "need me to help heal the villagers?" i say with a bright, yet fake smile present on my face, shikamaru just sighs and places a hand on my head "y/n, it's ok. let it all out" my eyes widen and tear up, i cling onto shikamaru immediately, holding him in a tight embrace while he just pats my back.

"thanks shikamaru.." i mumble as i pull away from him "it's alright, however there are people who require your assistance" he smiles and points back to the destroyed village, chuckling i grab his hand and run towards the village, shikamaru just stares in surprise with a small blush on his cheeks.

meanwhile...

"what?!" a muscular tall blonde haired man slams his fists down onto a poor wooden desk "sasuke and y/n of the hidden leaf?!" he shouts in anger "yes sir, they were both seen leaving the village with killer bee, your brother" a random shinobi looks at the kage with sad eyes "send team samui to the leaf this instant!" the shinobi quickly nod and leave the room.

back to y/n...

"tsunade's in a coma?" shizune nods as i look at the ground, biting my lip to contain my emotions "if it's alright with you, may i see if i can do anything?" shizune seems surprised for a moment "yes please.." she looks at me with pleading eyes "thanks." i smile and pat her head then walk into the tent where the comatose tsunade lay.

"y/n..." i glance behind me to see sakura "oh, hey sakura" i smile at her, however she just looks down with a sad face "don't worry, tsunade will be ok. it's just a matter of how long it takes for her to wake up" she smiles slightly and sits down next to me

"there are some villagers out there who want to thank you" she puts a hand on my shoulder gently "me?" i tilt my head confused "why?" sakura just chuckles "you played a big part in keeping a lot of the villagers safe, they are grateful for that" i mouth an 'o' and look down.

"sakura." i kept my face down to hide the look on it "do you...think i'm a traitor too?" i look away even more to avoid her gaze "too..?" she whispers in a concerned tone then sighs "no, of course not y/n" she pulls me into her chest and grips me in a gentle hug, smiling slightly i hug her back "thank you sakura"

our heartwarming moment is cut short "ah!" i push sakura back "i'll be back." i weave 2 hand signs and disappear.

"itachi?" i look around to spot the man in the kitchen, wearing a pink apron "hm?" he turns around "uh..." i pause, distracted by his bright apron.

shaking my head i get back to the matter at hand "the leaf, was attacked and destroyed." his eyes widen, he drops the spatula he held and unconsciously activated his mangekyou sharingan, he holds his head in annoyance "lets sit down and you can explain everything" he looks at me with cold eyes.

...and that's what i know of so far" itachi hums, closing his eyes in thought "and danzo has become the hokage.." i could feel his aura darken slightly "i should pay a visit to the new hokage then.." itachi sits forward "yes...however sasuke still thinks you're dead, so i believe he'll try and kill danzo" sighing i look at itachi "but for now, you're staying put." he stares at me with 'puppy eyes' "you're still healing, oh speaking of healing." i stand up and grab a round container from my bag "i've made the cream and eyedrops for your eyes more advanced, it should be permanent at some point, so you won't have to apply it everyday" i smile and pop off the lid, itachi smiles proudly at me "you never cease to amaze me y/n" a light shade of red appears on my cheeks "t-thanks.." i mumble shyly causing itachi to muffle a laugh.

-

"alright, this should last you awhile." i close a cupboard in his bathroom and turn around only to come face to face with pitch black eyes "o-oh i-itachi" i stutter while trying to walk back, however he wraps his arms around my waist and leans in, stopping next to my right ear "thank you, y/n" he blows gently on my ear "e-e-e-eh!" my face flushes a glowing red "you should be going back to the village now." he pulls away and pats my head "y-yeah! you're r-right!" i stutter in embarrassment and clumsily form two hand signs.

"y-y/n!" kiba stutters and falls back "geez...this is the 2nd time!" he shouts "ehe..sorry" i scratch the back of my neck with a cheeky smile then run off before he can say anything else.

while walking around i pause after hearing the sound of a scuffle "what's going on.." i slowly walk towards the noise, my eyes then widen at the sight of naruto being pummelled several times by a tan red haired girl "hey!" i shout and draw one of my katanas "what do you think you're doing?!" i glare sharply at the girl who looks at me in shock "you...where is killer bee!!" she also draws her weapon as does another boy behind her with white hair "what do you mean." 'i'm guessing someone saw the fight with the 8 tails.' "don't play dumb!" she shouts, sighing i put my katana away

"the 8 tails is alive." the 2 cloud ninja look at me with happy eyes for a moment "unfortunately i'm unable to say much because of this ring" i place my right hand on my hip and hold up the other "tch, fine but you're coming with us to see lord raikage." she growls and grabs my hand roughly "wait y/n!" naruto grabs onto a piece of my clothing "naruto, don't worry" i smile gently at him.

-

"there is no need to restrain me" i glare at the red haired girl who i learnt was called karui akimichi her other 2 teammates being omoi (the white haired boy) and samui a short blonde haired woman who was their team leader.

"tch, no way! you could attack us at anytime for all we k-" she's cut off by samui who shakes her head. "i was with sasuke as a spy." i speak up gaining their attention "3 years ago i was kidnapped by the akatsuki and forced to work with them, however i left a couple of months ago." samui nods "like i said before this ring forbids me from saying certain things that involve a specific person" karui glares at me "tch" she looks away and crosses her arms. "samui, i request to speak during the 5 kage summit" she holds her blank face and nods "i was already going to suggest that myself."
————————————
sorry if it's a little boring atm...i still hope you enjoy tho!