• The Invite •

*One Month Later*

"Alice?" I hear Mary yell across the house for me.

I looked at my tired reflection im the mirror. The drops of the water tap ringed the entire bathroom. I look at my hands that are playing with a shiny sharp razor.

I was battling thoughts in my mind weather to make a little scratch or not.

"Alice?" I hear Mary again, but this time she was in my room.

My eyes were not as tired as they were and my bruises were barely noticeable. My faded blue hair was in a shitty pony tail and I was wearing my pajamas that I was wearing for a week.

"Alice! You in there?" she pounded on my door.

"Uhh, yeah," I mumbled.

I hid the razor in one of my draws and opened the door. She had a big smile and her phone was in her grip tightly.

"Yes?" I asked and looked her in her dark eyes.

"We have been invited to a party," he smiled wider.

"So?"

"So!? This is our opportunity to get a record producer to put the record out in the world," she beemed as her voice ringed my tierd ears.

"I'm not going Mary, besides we only got three songs done," I said and I started to close my bathroom door.

"Please Alice! Everyone else is going!"

Ugh, I don't want to go to a party. I'm not in the mood.

"What kind of party is it?"

"A classic ball."

"Aww for fuck sake!"

"Please Alice."

"I don't even have a date."

"I'll get you one!"

I rolled my eyes and closed my door. Mary caught it with her hand and pulled it back.

"Come on Alice..."

She looked me dead in the eyes and I gave in. I let out a frustrated sigh and nodded.

"Ah! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She yelped as she engulfed me into a life strangling embrace.

"Okay, okay."

She let go of me and ran out of my room. Oh shit.

I don't know who she's going to set me up with or what she's going to do, but I don't like it.