• Give Me Time •

BOOK ONE

I never thought I would be who I am today. I mean... the person I always wanted to be. A Rockstar. No! Not the energy drink 'Rockstar', an actual Rockstar. But as some people call it, a Band Member.

It was only 2 years ago that me and Mary (my Bassist) started our band 'Give Me Time'. We asked our mates John (My second vocalist), Matt (My Guitarist) and Benny (My Drummer) if they wanted to join (they said yes of course). At first it was just for fun, but then we started to get more serious and play at local pubs ect.

We never thought we would get a record deal with 'Sony Music', because the type of band we were. You're probably wondering why? Well, Im the lead singer... But most of the time I would sream instead of sing (Yes I am female). (The band does have a male singer, he does all the deep singing and he is a genius song writer). Most people really have never seen a female screamer in a Heavy Metal band. I think thats why we got the deal with the record company, but we never thought we were 'that' good. We would just cover Suicide Silence, Papa Roach, KoRn and The Cranberries. Sometimes I would sing Paramore, but its difficult to sing the same pitch as Hayley Williams.

My band is from the South East Queensland, Australia. Usually on tour, we know how to fucking party. Other bands are quite shoked sometimes. I guess they get used to it. When it comes to music with my band, we are very serious about it.

Im not like most girls, kinda... I don't know. I have Sky Blue hair covering my gross mousey brown hair that reaches my collar bone and I mostly wear Grunge type of fashion. No, im not 'Scene', 'Emo' or 'Goth'. I kinda wish I was. I would always wear my lip piercing, ear stretchers and my whale tail necklace. If only I were a whale, swimming free in the ocean. I don't wear much makeup, only foundation to cover my burnt face, sometimes a little eyeliner and mascara to make my eyes pop on stage. I have a few tattoos here and there, but only a few small ones. I have a Slipknot 'S' on my left hand, a Pink and Purple Fether on my left rib cage to symbolize my little sisters Autism (Pink and Purple is her favorite colours and her favorite animal is a bird). On my upper right thigh, I have a large paragraph from my diary about my depression when I was 17. And I have a Friendship tattoo with Mary on my ankle, mine was a cute little devil saying "Best Friends..." and hers was a little cartoon of an angel saying "...Last Forever" (We were drunk when we got this tattoo, I regret nothing). Im planning of getting a full sleeve tattoo, but with touring I have no time sadly.

'Give Me Time ' is growing popularity, fast. Our fanbase is increasing in numbers after we released our single after our tour in Soundwave Australia, our band opened for 'Of Mice & Men' and 'Gojira'.It was a privilege to open for them and we started to get noticed by their fans. We never left the country for tour before, after putting an Album and a Epic single, it looks promising for 'Give Me Time'.