Chapter 21 ~ one flash ruined everything

They arrived back and when adrien and Marinette were in adriens car, marinette said,
"My parents want you to come over for dinner some time. Well they've met you before but as like as a friend but now the keychains made it official" marinette says
"Id love to but not today I gotta unpack and stuff. But my father wants me to date Chloe or Lila. And obviously n e v e r, so maybe you could.. idk.. come as (whispers) m'lady" adrien says nervously.
"Adrien that's dangerous"
"I know but what if he doesn't like you then shouts at you then we have an argument and-"
"If you talk to your father about being able to make your own choices and dating, then if he still disagrees I'll consider. Don't tell master fú though"
"I will I promise." He says. They arrive at her house.
"Bye mari, that was the funniest week of my life"
"Let's make prom the best day of your life! Well until we get married but you get the point. Bye bye Kit Kat!" Marinette says and he misses her cheek then goes into her house. Marinette calls him Kit Kat in public because no on is that much of a genius to realise she means kit as in kitty.

"MARINETTE SWEETIE!" Marinettes mum says hugging her.
"My daughter! Back from her trip!! I heard what Chloe did, I'm gonna-"
"Don't worry dad, it's fine. I'm ignoring her and she's getting punished. I'm so sleepy I'm gonna unpack then go to sleep. Wake me up when it's dinner love you guy!" Marinette says going up the stairs
"So grown up" Marinettes mum says

"Hello adrien nice to have you back" Natalie says hugging adrien
"Hello Natalie, I'm tired so gonna nap but can you tell my father I need to talk to him when he's next free" adrien says
"Actually, he's waiting for you in his office to greet you back" she says and smiles at him
"Uh- I'm just so tired-"
"Adrien! Come up here so I can say hello" Gabriel says. Adrien is unprepared for this moment but it's now or never.

Adrien goes to his father and gives him a hug.
"Hello son, how was it?"
"So much fun! I actually need to talk to you jn private" adrien says
"Of course, let's go" Gabriel says and they go in his office.
"Anything wrong?"
"I just want you to know I'm not interested or happy with having a choice between Lila and Chloe as a girlfriend. Chloe tried to drown someone and Lila tried to kiss me while I was in a towel. They're not right and I believe I should be able to make that choice for myself. I wanted to say something so I have a chance at happiness" adrien says and it's silent so he gets nervous.
"LILA DID WHAT! I'm gonna sue her. Anyway, is there a particular girl you had in mind?"
Adrien is debating if he should say marinette or lady bug.
"Marinette dupain-cheng"
"Ah. I see. Dismissed don go unpack"
"Is that a yes or.."
"It's better than a no now goodbye son!" Gabriel says and goes on his iPad. He wants to investigate this girl to make sure she's worthy.

Marinette gets bored so she goes to adriens as ladybug.
"Rise and shine" lady bug says
"What are you doing here m'lady?"
"I got bored and missed you"
"Aww. I talked to my father about you he said-" the door slowly opens and ladybug yo-yos out of the window so she's not seen. It's his dad. Marinette stays to listen secretly.
"I did research on Miss dupain-cheng, I've met her before. She's got talent. But son her parents are bakers. The other two options are so much better!"
"Father, I won't be happy. Don't you care about my happiness?" Adrien says looking down.
"Son son son. My father wanted me to marry someone else so I ran away. I met your mother and lived the best life. I don't want you to run away or have fate lined up for you. So fine, if it's the bakers girl you want, it's what you'll get. However she will need to do modelling with you"
"THANK YOU FATHER" adrien says and hugs his dad. Lady bug takes a pic and sits on a roof watching the sunset. Chat comes behind her.
"Hey princess"
"I heard what your dad said, quite a touching story"
"Did you hear the second part?"
"What second part??"
"Because you'll be modelling with me you need to come on the trip to London for a photo shoot.. I'm sorry you don't need to c-"
"LONDON! ITS SO PRETTY THERE! ILL GET SO MUCH INSPIRATION AND WE CAN MODEL THERE! YES YES YES I DO"
"We aren't getting married yet ladybug"
"My bad- wait a minute. Did you just call me lady bug.. what happened somethings wrong"
"Fine. My father will be coming and he said 'it's your chance to prove yourself"
"What does that even mean?!"
"Behave and be pretty?"
"Oh no oh no I'm not good enough against Chloe and Lila. Code red code red c-"
"If you compare yourself to them two if sorry about you because you're way prettier." They kiss and theirs a flash. Someone took a photo of them kissing. Oh. No.