Chapter Thirty Five: Ghost of the City

I wanna put some creepiness into this chapter. So to get you all in the mood, I uploaded a video. It's Japanese but it surely is creepy. Remember to vote for me if you like this story and if there is any complain or any mispellin I do not mind you guys comment at all. Thank you. :)))

_____________________________________________________________

Although the Forbidden City is filled with tourist and people the place still never failed to sends her eerie chills down her spine. So many innocent souls had died here and that made Shane wonder if those rumors about the Forbidden City being haunted is true. Every now and then, she would feel a gush of cold wind blowing towards them sending chills down her spine. Although, Damian is with her, she still felt an odd eerie feel. She wasn’t afraid not because she is a Grimm but because she was never afraid of such things. But then, something is totally off today. Before, when she came with her ex, she had never felt such an odd feel before. It was as though her intuition told her that the ghosts are angry and danger is approaching.

‘Damian, I think we should leave.’ She said to Damian. Her voice turned out to be a little shaky. Damian laughed and turned to her. ‘Are you scared?’ Damian asked. She shook her head. ‘No. I am not but….. I have a bad feeling.’ She said. She knew she still sounded scared no matter what she said. ‘The souls are afraid of me, don’t worry.’ Damian said. ‘My presence is so scary that they can’t even see me.’ Damian added. But she knew this danger and high killing intent she felt isn’t directed to Damian, it was to her. ‘Damian, I can’t see those souls but I can feel their killing intent.’ She said. Damian eyes darted around and worries flashes across his face. ‘You’re right, we should leave.’ Without hesitation, he begins pulling her out of the city but they were already too deep in the city. ‘I’m sorry that I didn’t notice it. My presence is too strong that I can’t feel them. Although I can see them, I can’t see them clear when I am in my human body.’ Damian said. His tone was filled with worries. ‘Don’t worry, Damian. I know how to take care of myself. I am not those girls who can’t do anything.’ She said. Damian nodded with a smile but continues to pull her out.

She could feel a cold feeling running around her waist and her ankles. She shivered in fear. She never thought she would feel afraid of those souls, but something tells her to run. A soft whisper passes by her ear. It was mumbling in Chinese but she could understand it so well that she shivered and her legs halted. She froze, her body wouldn’t move even though Damian tugged her roughly. Those words from the ghost made her freeze. It wasn’t some spell but it was those words that made her wanted to know more but was afraid of the truth. She turned around to look for the ghost although she knew she can’t see the ghost. Damian held on to her tightly with his arms embracing her. She could feel his warmth and power covered around her like a blanket shielding a baby. Although she loved how protective he is to her now, she wanted to hear those whispers. But Damian’s power is blocking it all out. She needed to hear more.

‘Damian, please let go off me.’ She begged. Damian shook his head and his chin rubbed against her head. ‘Please, I need to listen to them.’ She said. Damian shook his head again. ‘I won’t let you! Because I know exactly what they want.’ Damian said. Before she could protest, her legs were lifted off the ground. She gasped when she notice how far she is from the ground. She looks up at Damian and she could see his black wings beating. She gasped at the sight of his beauty. His shirt and jacket torn into pieces showing most of his muscles, making her sigh at his beauty.  And then something in her head clicked. ‘Damian! People would see you!’ She shouted. Damian laughed. ‘This side of the city is forbidden for any tourist so no worries.’ Damian said with a smirk. Quickly she looks down and saw that they were already so high up that humans would only think of them as a bird. A sudden gush off wind blew upwards making her shivered again with the sudden coldness.

‘What was that?’ She asked in shock. Damian eyes flashed with worries as he frowned at her with a concerning look. ‘The spirits are angry for I had helped you, love.’ He replied. She shivered again for remembering what the ghost whispered to her. ‘Why?’ She asked. ‘I do not know but somehow, you must have a past with them.’ Damian replied. ‘Great.’ She grunted as he flew them back to the roof of the hotel. Softly they landed and once again she could see Damian’s wings folded. But his face is very pale and she now understands that he cannot use too much power. ‘Damian, you should get some rest.’ She said. Damian nodded and obediently he walks towards the stairs while holding her closely to him. ‘I might faint.’ Damian said cheekily and she hit his chest. He fakes a cough and laughed as they walked down.

Before she could say another word, she found Damian lying on the bed immediately and breathing softly like a baby. She smiled at the sight of him but still had her worries in her mind. She would never know when he would leave without a word. This power he has is eating him up. Although he is human now, she wonders what he is like after his soul is free from this human shell. She knew that he didn’t use much of his power at all but it had already strain him so badly. She knew that she had to stay away from trouble to make sure he doesn’t use his powers.

Shane shivered again when she remembered what that ghost whispered to her. ‘You’re finally back, Xiao San.’ That was what that male ghost said. Although it was a simple sentence, the ghost said it in such a venomous way that it somehow filled with other meanings. It was like the ghost had waited for her to go to the Forbidden City so that he could do something bad to her. She shivered at that thought.