Chapter Forty Four: Faith

‘Your faith in your mate is quite something but do you think he would be able to fight me?’ Kasper asked with a little smugness in his tone which made me rolled my eyes. Of cause I am worried that there is this possibility that Damian would lose, but right now, all I could do is have faith in him. I know that they didn’t want to kill me because if they do, they would be thrown into Hell. But then, wouldn’t it still be the same? I mean, if they ever manage to kill Damian they would kill me as well, at least indirectly. ‘Dude, have you ever had a soul mate before?’ I asked.

He shook his head with his arms crossed. ‘Do you have anyone that you loved?’ I asked again. Once again, he shook his head. ‘Love is what all angels have; we love every God’s creation.’ He said. I let out a sigh. I can’t believe I have teach an Angel about love. What a drag! ‘These are your comrades, aren’t they?’ I asked. He nodded. ‘If anyone of them were to get killed, would you mourn for them? Would you feel a painful stabbing in your heart? Would you cry for them?’ I asked. He frowned at me and nodded. ‘Of cause, because they are all God’s creation.’ He replied. Damn, this is more difficult than expected! I threw both my hands up and my head back with frustration. ‘One day, Kasper, one day, you would understand why I would put so much faith in him. One day, you would love someone from the bottom of your heart. One fine day, you would do anything to make sure that person is happy.’ I said to him then I took a sip of my coffee.

He frowned at me in confusion but then he turned away. ‘Don’t talk to me like I am a child, lady.’ He said. ‘I know what love is, I had lived longer than you.’ He said. I laughed so hard that I to press on my stomach because it hurts so badly. ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what love is. Then, explain why do I have so much faith in Damian? If I had the chance, I would rather sacrifice myself than to let him come and save me. Explain why I would do that.’ I said. He frowned in confusion once more but didn’t answer. That was because he obviously doesn’t know the answer to my question. Actually, some questions aren’t supposed to be answered by someone else. To get the answers, you had to find out yourself.

‘Unless he has reinforcement, he can’t beat me, lady. That is for sure. So you can forget about having faith in him.’ He said as he ignores my questions. I knew that, but having one of his brothers to help Damian, is it enough? I mean, there are over ten supernatural creatures here. I know that the werewolf, leopard and vampires wouldn’t be a problem to Damian but those angels isn’t as easy as the others. Yes, Damian did say that his brother is a badass but who else could be as badass as him or Sebastian, since Sebastian is the oldest among the brothers he have. I haven’t actually seen Lian fight, so I have no idea he is of good use or not to Damian. Besides, I am not even sure if Lian is on whose side.

Although Kasper’s gang doesn’t seems like a bad person but his intention isn’t acceptable. Especially the part about killing Damian! Well, honestly I may be a little bias or protective over Damian because of this Soul Mate thingy but consciously, I just can’t accept the fact that they are killing Damian just because they think that Damian is a curse and they think that with Damian’s death, they would save the world. But Damian was right. He didn’t choose to be born this way. He didn’t choose to be born as the son of the Devil. He didn’t choose to be the one to hold the burden. Yet, people want to kill his kind because they are the seeds of the Devil but they had no idea of the Damns pain. They have to listen to all the humans hate and hide from the humans. They are part humans, they have feelings too. I now understand why when the very first time I killed that Damn, he didn’t even bother to run away. In fact, I now realized that he only fake to put up a fight with me. He actually let me killed him. He must have hated his life so badly. That was why I couldn’t help myself but pity those Damns. That was why I decided to be on Damian’s side instead of joining the Angels.

‘What makes you think that Damian is that stupid to come alone?’ I asked with a smug tone and a confident smirk on my face. Kasper raised an eyebrow at me as I smirked back at him. His eyes were clearly showing that he was shock of what I had said. But then, a moment later, it disappeared. A grin spread across his face and he rested his chin on his palm with his elbow against the table and stared at me with the same smug expression I gave him. ‘You’re seriously underestimating me.’ Kasper said smugly. I wanted to fight back on that but I just kept my mouth shut. ‘Lian is not as strong as you think he is, lady. And besides, who else in that little brotherly group of his that could be stronger than Sebastian?’ Kasper said. I knew that only Sebastian in the group was stronger than Damian but Damian said that he have help from his bad ass brother. So, I should trust him. Right?

‘Sebastian and the others are a little busy now and definitely won’t have time for Damian and you. So, I doubt he have any help.’ Kasper said with a laugh. Is Damian lying to comfort me? Or is it the truth? I wanted to contact him again and ask him but then he seems to be blocking me out. Why? At a time like this we should be keeping taps on each other. ‘No, Kasper. You’re definitely underestimating Damian.’ I said. He burst out into laughter and his face fell to the table as he hit the table with his other hand on his stomach. Damn! What is so funny? ‘What can he do?’ He said as he laughed. Suddenly, his expression changed. It turned completely wicked and it sends chill down my spine. He was still smiling but his eyes gave a whole different feel. ‘What can he do without dying?’ He asked.

Everything made sense now. That was their plan all along. They wanted to work Damian so hard until he dies. They knew that they can’t fight or win him, thus, making him kill himself again. I can’t let that happen! I can’t sit here and let that happen!

I sat up and was ready to bolt out of the door. A loud scream pierce through the room from outside. Overwhelming warmth surrounded me for a brief second and I knew I was too late.