Chapter Sixteen: Angel or Damn

He felt stupid and used. Damian was glad that Dominic had told him to be careful to not use his power to much after he had sucked the soul out of that man. Dominic told him that there were Grimms out there waiting to kill him.

So, all this time, Shane agreed to go out with him was just to use him to get Dominic. He felt disgusted by her actions. Here he thought that she would be different from the other bitches, but she isn’t. Although their goals were different, she still used him. No wonder she glared at Dominic like that. But why didn’t Dominic tell him about her?

What was worst was that he trusted her. He trusted her enough to tell her about his pitiful, disgusting life. But she had a friend following her around. So, even tonight, she only wanted information about Dominic. Damian felt the anger build up even more and break hard to slam those disgusting creature against the car. They all turned into sand and he slam onto the accelerator again. He drove all the way home and didn’t bother to park. Without bothering to change, he jumped straight into the pool and let the cold water wash away his fire in his heart. It was burning him too much, and he knew if he didn’t calm down, his wings would spread out again. He dives in deeper as his head could only think about her. How could she do that to him? But then, she has only met him for a few days, why would she care about how he feels? Like everyone else, she is just a lying bitch.

He could see Angelica’s long legs as she enters the pool knowing Damian is in it. Damian quickly swims back to the surface ignoring Angelica’s presence. ‘Bad date?’ She asked seductively as she clings herself to him. He pushed her away and climb out of the pool. ‘Come on, you could tell me.’ She said. He didn’t answer as he walks away not looking at her. Then, he stopped as he could see his father standing in shock of Damian’s wet body. ‘Damian, you’re sick. So, why are you doing this?’ Timothy asked. ‘I just needed to cool down, no worries.’ He said and he ran up to his room not bothering the concern eyes of his father.

Shane felt the guilt build up in her heart even though Damian is hiding something from her. She feels that he had every right to do so after what she had done to him. He had just confessed something so personal to her and she betrayed him. She used him not only once but twice. She had used him to get Dominic. That is enough for him to hate her. Those words still made her heart clench with just the thought of it. ‘I don’t want to see you again!’ His words were straight and like a sharp dagger in stabbed straight into her heart.

‘I knew it! He must be one of them!’ Her father shouted. Shane shook her head knowing that Damian isn’t a Damn. ‘Dad, he isn't one of them, he isn't a Damn or a Fury.’ She said. ‘Then, explain to me about his abilities. He could see those lowly demons.’ Eric said sternly. ‘Shane, there isn’t a point of denying it. He kicked those bastards like they were just a football.’ Chad said. Shane shook her head hard. ‘There is no way he is one. He said so himself. Neither can I or Chad feel any demonic aura from him.’

‘Maybe he hid his demonic aura.’ Chad said. ‘You know very well they cannot do that. They could only lower the intensity of it but not hide it. Chad, I can’t feel any demonic aura from him, not even a bit!’ She said. She knew that Damian wouldn’t be a Damn because Damian just confessed to her that he is dying. There is no way he could be one. Damn just do not die. ‘Then what is he?’ Eric asked.

She remembers that Damian’s touch had blocked Dominic’s aura from reaching her and also blocked Dominic and her mind conversation. ‘When I got there, Dominic was really angry. He let out his demonic aura to crush on my body which pinned me at my seat. I’m sure you felt that too, Chad.’ She said as she looks at Chad who silently nodded. ‘We both had a mind to mind conversation and I couldn’t move until Damian put his palm on mine.’ She said. Chad rolled his eyes and she knew she must have sounded desperate. ‘It’s not what you think. The moment he put his palm on mine, the demonic aura and the mind conversation were somehow blocked.’ She said. Both Eric and Chad’s eyes widen. She waited for them to speak but Eric didn’t speak, he simply walks out of the room. She turns to Chad and Chad sighed. ‘That means his an angel.’ He said.

She frowned in confusion. ‘An angel?’ She asked. She knew Angels existed but Angels doesn’t come to the human world nor can any Grimm see them. Although fallen angels exist in the human world, they would never be near a Grimm because of the sinister act that caused their fall. A Grimm’s aura will tear their souls apart. But Damian could be near her. So Damian isn’t a fallen angel. Is he really an angel? But he has a father and a mother. Why would an angel have human parents? ‘There is no way, Chad. His father is Timothy Vleming and he has a mother.’ She said. Chad frowned and sighed. ‘I don’t know. Maybe his father adopted him or maybe he used that boy’s body, I really do not know.’ Chad said. 

There is no way Damian would be an angel, like Damian said he is dying. But what if he was lying; maybe what he meant was he is leaving. She felt more and more confused. ‘Chad, why would an angel be here? Why would an angel be in the human world? Why wouldn’t we feel them? Our history said that their aura would be so radiant that they would burn any human who sees it. But why don’t we feel or see any of his auras.’ She asked. ‘Shane, what we know best is the Damns, what we do not know are the angels. I do not have the answer, Shane.’ He replied. ‘What I do know is that what he did just now to the demon is called Angel’s Glare. Angels have the abilities to see through an evil heart. If they use it on a demon long enough, the demon would burn and turn into ash. What he did just now nearly burned the demon. The demon could speak or move whenever an angel uses that. Damian definitely did that to the demon, but it just wasn’t long enough.’ Chad said. ‘So that is why you think he is an angel?’ She asked. ‘I don’t know.’