Chapter Forty: Brother?

Damian’s POV

For an hour, I had tried to call Sebastian, Dominic and even Allure but none of them picked up! Where the heck is they?! What am I going to do now? I cannot barge in wherever that is alone! Especially with my limited power! How am I going to do this?

‘Can you stop pacing? You’re giving me a headache.’ Lian said. Anger had already touched my throat and I could kill someone right now and I would have no problem killing a Fallen! ‘Stop looking at me like you want to eat me! This isn’t my fault! I didn’t know that Kasper wanted you dead!’ Lian added but my eyes were still glaring at him not with daggers but now I felt the need to tear him to pieces. ‘Why in the world should I believe in what you said? You are one of them after all!’ I said.

Lian sighed and shook his head at me which made me growled. ‘Do you think I like how it feels to be used? Besides, you’re not the only person in the world that cares for Shane!’ Lian said angrily to me. I growled again in anger. I do not care how he feels for Shane all I want now, is Shane in my arms, safe and sound!

‘Wow, you do look like crap.’ A familiar voice suddenly said. I could hear footsteps approaching. I quickly turn and glared at the person but instead my jaw just drop. That person stood before me had the same blonde hair that I remember, the same blue eyes and the same stand. He stood before me in his black t-shirt and a pair of jeans and lazily leaned against the door frame of my hotel room with a bottle of vodka in hand. Here, I thought he had died. ‘Brother.’ I called out as I swallowed my saliva and blinked at least three times to make sure I am not dreaming.

‘Yes, Damian. I’m alive.’ He said to me. Like ever, he could read my mind with ease. It had been a thousand years since I’ve seen him and that would make him even more powerful now. I wonder what his new power is. Why didn’t he come to me when he had been alive for so long? ‘New power? Erm…… why don’t we find out later.’ He said while smirking.

‘Who the heck is he?’ Lian said in annoyance. I glared back at Lian with anger showing that I did not like the way he had acted to my brother. ‘Lucian, how?’ I asked. He laughed out loud and took a gulp with his bottle of vodka. ‘I never did died, Damian. I was with Sebastian all these while. Well, when Sebastian decided to find you, I decided I should check on you as well. When you were going to China, I was actually already in Beijing and Sebastian called me to check on you. But I thought you need babysitting.’ Lucian said while smirking. So, he followed me here?  ‘No. It was actually purely a coincident. After I went to Miami with Sebastian, I learnt that you were doing fine so I decided to go check out on China. I wanted to try their wine, it was said it is ninety percent alcohol content.’ He said gleefully which this alcoholic can never fail to make me roll my eyes at him.

Right now, I would love to talk more but then Shane is in big trouble. With Lucian here, he can be a big help! ‘Lucian, can you……’ I was interrupted by Lucian as he put his hand up to stop me. ‘Yes, I will be helping your little mate there. But!’ He added. ‘You will have to do something for me after that.’ He said sternly which was never his style. He was never a person that can be serious to start with. It made me frown. ‘What is it?’ I asked. ‘I won’t tell you now.’ He said as he looked over to Lian. ‘But, you have to promise me you would do what I ask you.’ Lucian said sternly. ‘If I can do it and it doesn’t go against my objectives, then I will.’ I said confidently to him. He nodded. ‘Fair enough. So, where is the chick?’ He asked Lian.

Lian stood up and walked towards the front door. ‘I have been waiting for you guys to stop your petty conversation. They’re at the Yunnan Province. I bet you’ve heard of the Jade Dragon Mountain in Lijang.’ Lian said.