Chapter Five: Memories That Aches Him

How long have he been in the car? He had no idea. How long has he been staring at his bloody hands? He had no idea. Where are they going? Seriously, he really has no idea. All he could think of is that man’s face and expression as his life slowly slip away into Damian’s own hands. The only question he cares about and could only think about is, what is he turning into? Or is it, what is he?

The answer had been in front of his face but he couldn’t take it. He couldn’t take the fact that he is a half devil and half angel that is cast out of the Underworld for the reason he had still yet to know. He couldn’t take the fact that he is a monster. Although deep in him, he loves it.

Finally, he had the bravery to speak but he could still hear his voice shaking. ‘Where…… where are we going?’ Damian asked. Dominic looks at him and frowned. ‘We’re going to my place.’ Dominic replied with a monotone.

Damian didn’t protest he just stared out the window. But then, something in him clicked. Why should he be afraid? This life of his, before he knew about his true identity, it was nothing but pain. With this power, he would have no fear, there is no need to be afraid of anything and maybe, if he could, he could bring back his mother. He could kill and never get caught because he is a half devil himself. He should be out there celebrating; it is freedom that he is getting now. ‘Why am I afraid when I can have whatever I want?’ he thought to himself.

Quickly, he sat up straight, and a smirk slowly spread across his face. Dominic caught him smirking. Somehow, Dominic himself didn’t like what he is seeing. This person sitting next to him, this isn’t the same Damian a thousand of years ago, something about him had changed. Clearly, the new Damian is no longer…… angelic.

After fifteen minute, they had reached their destination. But that place wasn’t what Damian was expecting at all. Before they had reached here, he had thought that Dominic is living in some kind of barn not this. There, a huge iron gate stands before us with two gothic like statues at each side crouching like it was bowing to someone, or is something? That looks oddly very familiar like the gargoyle which actually had a name call, Agnus. As they got in, a huge castle emerges from the forest. The castle was dark and gothic like the gate, it had four jagged stone tower strangled by ivy. The towering castle had dunce-hatted turrets standing black in the gloomy skies. Everything about this place creep Damian out. It is all too eerie and dark for him.

Dominic laughed as he saw Damian’s face that was filled with dislike. ‘Hey, this was actually yours.’ Dominic said. Damian turn to look at Dominic with eyes widen. ‘Mine?’ Damian replied. ‘This is just not my style, dude.’ Damian said. Dominic laughed again as they stop right in front of the grand marble steps that had dry leaves all over the place. ‘It was yours. One of your pass life, you were a Prince but you died at a very young age like your other lives.’ Dominic said. Damian frowned at him. ‘I thought you said I am the devil’s son?’ Damian asked. ‘Yes, you are but you were on a punishment.’ Dominic said as he got out of the car.

Damian got out as well. As soon as Damian steps out of the car, he could smell the rain coming, the wind gushing and blowing the dead leaves off the marble flour and into the skies. ‘If you really want to know, then let’s get in.’ Dominic said. Damian followed.

As both of them climb up the grand marble stairs the wide wooden double door with swing opened. Two butlers bowed at us and Damian couldn’t help but frown. ‘My lord and…… welcome back, Your Highness.’ One of the butlers said to Damian. Damian stared at the butler with silver hair and old figure like he had seen him from somewhere. ‘Thank you, Carlisle.’ Dominic said.

‘Carlisle?’ Damian repeated. The butler nodded and bowed again. ‘Have I seen you before?’ Damian asked.

‘Yes, Your Highness. It was when you were, Prince Damion.’ Carlisle spoke it with a strong France accent. ‘Wait, then, how could you be alive? Aren’t you supposed to be long dead since that should be over a few hundred years ago?’ Damian said with confusion. ‘Yes, I was supposed to die, but I am no longer human, Your Highness. I am a Fury. I am here to guard and protect you two.’ He said politely.